Lizard ID and crit.

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Was in Pets at Home today and snapped this little guy through glass with my Minolta 50mm. The breed of lizard was listed underneath, but for the life of me I can't remember what it said. It's a very common lizard, so I'm guessing it won't be difficult to ID, but I need to know! Also, thoughts?

I think you'll find that's a bearded dragon :) Lovely lovely animals!

I'd think that's not a bad picture considering it was through glass, a bit of glare at the bottom but I think without filters that's to be expected really!

yep that be a bearded dragon. used to have one myself. loved it. and seeing this one makes me want to get another one now

the only reason i gave up mine was because my partner and i were expecting our 1st child. and beardies can carry mites and also certian bacteria which can be harmfull if hands are not washed properly after handling them.

As everyone else said... Beardie (or possibly a rankins? I am not so good on lizards).

Cool photo btw, I like it!

and beardies can carry mites and also certian bacteria which can be harmfull if hands are not washed properly after handling them.

I think as long as you always wash your hands and observe proper hygeine after handling reptiles there is minimal/no risk. I am immunocomprimised, specially in my lungs, and have reptiles and other animals my self and just make sure I always wash etc :)

Back