Llanberis, Snowdonia

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,
Spent a rather enjoyable weekend in Wales over the bank holiday weekend, and managed to get the first landscape shot that I'm actually pleased with:

3590030938_40197cb990.jpg

Larger Version Available On Flickr

I'd be interested to hear peoples opinions.

Thanks,
Jim.

It has potential as a location. This shot needs a bit of something to have any impact. At the moment it's a bit dull and life less.

Nice shot a bit of pp could really bring this to life

Thanks for all the comments guys.
Looking again, the shot on Flickr looks quite different from the one on my desktop. Looks like it's bee underexposed about 1/3 stop and given a blue-ish cast, which does rob it of impact a bit.

:plus1: I was going to do an edit, but notice you havent got the option ticked

Hmm, thought it was ticked. It is now. Edit away.

Hi Jim

I had a quick go straightened the horizon, slight colour boost, levels and curve and upped the contrast a little

TP_Edits8.jpg

This had a flash fill as well

TP_Edits9.jpg

Original Photo by Jim.R

3590030938_40197cb990.jpg

Dave

Last edited:
Love that place, been there early this year and weather was much the same!!

Have you been in electric mountain?

My Part of the country shot taken just by the delapidated boarding ramp for the Snowdon Queen Pleasure craft which would have been to your right.As everyone has said it lacks something but what????? lord only knows Nice picture though.If ever you are in LLanberis on a sunday come and see me i am usually sailing my radio controlled Yacht on the lake

dave

Just Dave, it's amazing what suddenly jumps out at you when someone else has a play with your photos, I'd not noticed that the horizon was off!
I like the edits a lot, really does set it off. I'll head back to Aperture and see what needs doing there to replicate it. Thanks.

Have you been in electric mountain?

Not really spent much time in Llanberis, mostly just driven through it en-route to a car park for one of the Snowdon routes. Been lucky with my walking in Wales so far and not had any bad weather days that required finding alternative entertainment. Will try and check it out next time I'm down that way though.

My Part of the country shot taken just by the delapidated boarding ramp for the Snowdon Queen Pleasure craft which would have been to your right.As everyone has said it lacks something but what????? lord only knows Nice picture though.If ever you are in LLanberis on a sunday come and see me i am usually sailing my radio controlled Yacht on the lake

Quite possibly. I'd spotted the skies as we came into Llanberis on the A4086 and pulled in at the first carpark we came to (which looked like it was half way through being resurfaced?). I don't remember the boarding ramp, but I do have a memory like a sieve! ;)

Thanks to everyone else for your comments, it's been very helpful.

I like the dramatic clouds...the problem with the location is that the sun rises behind Snowdon and then tracks to the right so never lights the mountains from the Llanberis side meaning they're always in shadow..this makes it difficult to make the most of the detail in the shot. It probably works best as a location in winter when the mountainsides are snow covered, adding additional depth/contrast to the scene

Simon

Yeah, I really wanted to stop and grab some shots from the top of the pass, looking back down on Llanberis.
Unfortuantely, due to it being a bank holiday, every single place you could cram a car into was taken and I didn't have the time to park further away and hike back :(

Back