Llangorse lake

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
A few old ones i took in the spring when the lake was half frozen. Not the best as somehow all with -1/3 or -2/3 exposure compensation by accident. 350D with 18-55 kit lens
Critique welcome.

Llangors_%20114.jpg

This one to me is a little boring

Llangors_100.jpg

I know i cut the top of the tree off...

Llangors_%20017.jpg

A bit bland again?

Llangors_%20098.jpg

Trees a bit soft and/or dark?

As above, #3 is the best of the bunch. Love the lines, might be an idea to crop some of the other bits out - such as the rather distracting "shark" towards the left!

I can only agree with what has already been said. #3 is the best but could still do with a crop from the sky

To me, number 2 has the most potential. Number 3 does absolutely nothing for me. Just goes to show that personal taste plays a major role here.

Some post processing can adjust the color and contrast a bit; and cropping the images could give your photos a different "feel" as well. I would like to see number 4 leveled a bit and maybe some sharpening added?

All-in-all, a nice set that shows real potential.

I like #3, looks a bit like a "Homes Magazine" shot. It almost looks like someone's pool (is it?!).

But I'd rather the horizon wasn't bang on halfway up, like DonnaM said. Maybe a pano crop?

Number 3 has the potential under the right light and composition conditions to be a great place to get a great photo

Not really tried the other side (only time ive been there despite only being 15 mins away). Got there about 45 mins before sunset and about -5c so didnt hang around long. Was just testing 350D/kit lens more than anything else hence not the greatest shots

As for the sharpening comment - im still struggling with it. Its a lot of black magic to me really as to what technique and settings.

Back