Llyn Llydaw

Name
Rory
Edit My Images
Yes
Between working and family commitments over the easter holiday escapes to the hills were made and it was a bit rushed at times !!
My final shot was taken this morning at Llyn Llydaw. I have waited quite a while to get this shot. Not as good as I would have liked as Snowdon lived up to it's reputation as being a cloud magnet.

Llyn Llydaw April 2013 by Rory Trappe, on Flickr

this one one of the first I took whilst waiting for the cloud to disperse enough reveal the summit

Llyn Llydaw April 2013 by Rory Trappe, on Flickr

Last edited:
Ok so Yr Wyddfa's collecting a bit of clag but still, this is a wonderful shot Rory. I came home yesterday as I was getting very tired but wish I'd have stayed now, I really wanted to get Tryfan at sunrise from Llyn y Caseg Fraith and this shot from Llydaw!

Hi Nick, Looks like you had a very good week. I waited for over an hour at this spot this morning. Fluffy whites drifted in and built up around the summit. Looks like the snow will be around for a few more days. I will not be able to get out early until next Sunday.

Cheers,

Rory

I've noticed a pronounced thaw on south facing slopes the last few days. I think the tops should still be white next weekend though.

I suffered from the cold quite badly on my summits shots last week as I like to get there early and scout out compositions.

I thought I'd missed winter in Eryri this year so although I'm never satisfied I musn't grumble!

Nice spot Rory it has been a interesting winter starting to thaw now North side.

I thought that there might have been a few more togs up there. I was by myself until 08:00 when a walker passed me on the way up. Yaktraks or crampons are a must as sections of the path are covered in thick ice.

The 12-24 mm came in handy for this shot;)

Really like the second shot lovely light:)

Back