Llyn Padarn...I feel dirty!

Edit My Images
No
Hello folks, I didn't have much time this evening so headed out to Pen Llyn for the classic shot of Llyn Padarn where I was lucky enough to grab some wonderful light.

However, as roadside photography really isn't what I'm about I feel very dirty hee hee!

Oh well, I'll just have to forgive myself and as roadside views go this one is pretty special ;)

Llyn Padarn by Nicholas Livesey, on Flickr

Last edited:
As far as roadside goes, that's a pretty good view - much better than the views I normally pass whilst out and about:)

Its a cracking image for sure with some lovely light indeed you have captured, from where I'm sat aswell it looks like it could do with levelling up also as the water seems to be going downhill :D
It's a tough one Joe because although it does look slightly squiffy that's how it is...it's a bugger to get looking straight so what do you do eh? ;)

Yep, that's what nature has given us at this particular spot so I suppose we'll have to go along with it :)

These really are examples for me where not much else needs to be said other than "great images"!
The light and colour in both is so lovely.
They're both pictures that make me think I really need to visit the area again.

I can only agree with everyone else. Very special indeed.

I like 'home sweet home', it's a cracking shot. Just love the colours. You're so lucky to live so close to such a beautiful place. I've been there many times but never been able to catch the light.

Both shots are very nice indeed, especially the second one as the reflections are spot on. Sometimes it's nice to not have to trek miles for a shot! Haha.

Thanks all, hopefully not too many more roadside shots coming in the near future!

Dirt brushes off Nick;)
Only thing to be said is, Stunning light! How could anyone resist that wherever you are

Nothing wrong with roadside, I go looking for them haha! and as roadsides go this ant half bad ;-)

Shocking Nick I thought you went to the car park looking over Nant Gwynant for your fag/cigarette? is this fag location 2 then? PS lovely capture.

Last edited:
Blimey that 2nd well is a corker and the first one is lovely !

Screensaver material that...

Thanks for all the very kind comments, I really appreciate them but in truth I didn't get one grain of satisfaction out of these shots as the effort involved was practically nil. To me it almost seems like cheating to grab these classic locations, I only shoot them when I am short of time and wish I was up on the hills where my real passion is.

That said, I am always knocked out at the beauty of these lower level places around my home...in fact, I'm short of time again today so might go and visit one this evening ;)

Back