Lo-Fi Landscapes

Name
Guy Boden
Edit My Images
Yes
Experimenting with a lo-fi, grainy, pinhole-camera sort of look.

1417589877_68bb169c79_o.jpg

1424253100_f794ca1e08_o.jpg

Doesn't really go with the above two but along similar lines.
1792749507_a8b77aea5a_o.jpg

I really like this sort of look and plan to do much more of it. Still developing my style with it tho. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Mohain.

Nice effect(y) Looks like some dust specs on the left of the sky on #1 and a little vignetting on #2 and #3 but maybe that's deliberate (the vignetting).

Well they're certainly grainy :) Yeah I like these a lot, the effect works well imo. I'd guess it would work better on some shots than others

yeah, I quite like these, I can see it would certainly work for particular images. It does look like dust spots on the first, and I think you need 'perfect' grain to carry it off, so would clone those out if that is anything more than an experimental effort. (y)

love the tree shot (y)

I think it works best on the tree shot(y) did you add noise or use a plug in filter?

Ooooh theyre crying out for canvas.
Nice work.
Dean:)

No3 looks the best to me (y)

Great processing, well done.

Saw these a while back on Flickr, really loved them then :)

I would keep the dust splodges - they are after all inherently lo-fi.

I would keep the dust splodges - they are after all inherently lo-fi.

That's what I thought :)

Many thanks for the feedback folks. Grain is a mixutre of the film grain filter and noise and sharpening to exaggerate the effect. Will try optikvervelab's 'Virtual Photographer' and Imagenomic's 'RealGrain' too and get them off to print for a test :)

Back