Load Of Balls

This is something I am trying to master when I get this good I will be well pleased.

I really like the DOF as well, although it might be a little to much because it's difficult to see what the balls actually are.

I think that depends on opinion and what you were trying to achieve. Nice shot :)

Thanks Rob, Sharon and Ian

Ian I focused on the only split ball, and I liked the diagonal composition

Keep trying Sharon you'll get there

Thanks Rob I was happy with it

Last edited:
Good work with the DoF but, a rather uninteresting photograph.

Must admit I opened the thread with trepidation :LOL:

I love these sort of shots, an object probably passed on a daily basis without a second glance, the DOF is spot on for me.

Nice one Dave, I wish I had your ability when playing with DOF. Great shot, I really like it! (y)

Hiya Dave,

Just seen this post, well done I like the DOF and the diagonal composition.

So go on, what is this .... I know your title says balls, but what is the structure?

Cheers

Dawn :)

For me its great - if it were mine it would make me smile. Its a interesting question as to whether you choose the right ball or should have focused on the one behind - love it either way.

Donald

I bought a macro lens last year and have not really got into it yet but seeing shots like this makes me want to try even more.

The angle makes it interesting too, better than just straight up and down or sideways on.

Spike

Thanks Donald, I choose that ball as it had the split in it, and it stood out, to me anyway (y) suppose I could have stepped back a bit to get the next ball nearest me then that would have been the 5th ball

Cheers Spike, youll get addicted once you get into macro (y)

Like the image pity you didnt have a Tilt & Shift lens to get that little extra DOF which looks amazing on images like this.

I think you picked the right ball Dave. [: :p

x

Back