Loading 120 film

Loading in to which camera, or are you loading a spiral

It's always worth keeping a test film to use to make sure the films winding on ok when you need to take a really important photograph or do an important assignment (y)

Hi guys. I loaded my first roll of 120 film onto a Paterson spiral today. It loaded no problem - was a bit worried after all the horror stories I read on here recently.

It loaded no problem. I used the method by this interesting guy on YouTube here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cD8eP8kjdo

Just checked that You Tube vid and can say that that guy has it completely right, though once you get the film past the ball bearings, it's not always that quick to wind on. With practice, however, you should be able to load the film on the spiral with as much ease.

Sometimes you get jammed balls, I can't recommend jammed balls...:eek:

actually, that's probably the only way you could get 220 on a spiral without killing somebody..

I never tear the masking tape off, I instead, wrap it back over and seal it on the end of the roll so that when it comes to putting it onto the reel, it's not all curling and bending.

And rolling that fast comes with practice. It's easy once you get the nack

:cautious: that's a good idea, last night I souped a roll, after it was loaded and in the tank on came the light, then I noticed I'd cut the damn tape in half, so half was still stuck the the end of the roll I'd just loaded and was about to fill with chemicals.
Half expected the film to have bits of glue goo and tape shreds all over it, but it was ok..:bonk:

Back