Local church

Name
Spike
Edit My Images
Yes
Had 5 mins to spend before docs appointment so had a walk around the local church yard just down the road from the doctors

church by SpikeK6, on Flickr

All C&C welcome, and how to improve the image

tilt needs addressing...
pp of course would really bring this up a bit
a swing to the left would help to show a bit more building...dont think cropping would help
can you shoot it again with an end (left) to the building

cheers
geof

Also, I reckon a visit later in the day (after the docs appointment??!) would put the sun in a better place and warm the light. The gravestone shadows would lengthen and the church walls might get some glow from the setting sun.

Worth a revisit, maybe?

tilt needs addressing...
pp of course would really bring this up a bit
a swing to the left would help to show a bit more building...dont think cropping would help
can you shoot it again with an end (left) to the building

cheers
geof

Thanks Geof
The tilt is bit of an odd one, the graves and tomb stones are all level and the church steeple is straight, which part should I be looking at get right?
Yes i see that i clipped the church, I think I was trying to keep as much of the overhanging tree out of the pic as possible, will try with a wider lens so i can get out from under the trees, was using my 17-55 so maybe a bit wider.

Thanks again will go back and try again.

Also, I reckon a visit later in the day (after the docs appointment??!) would put the sun in a better place and warm the light. The gravestone shadows would lengthen and the church walls might get some glow from the setting sun.

Worth a revisit, maybe?

Definitely worth another visit like you say maybe later in the day to give it a warmer look.
Thanks again

Thanks Geof
The tilt is bit of an odd one, the graves and tomb stones are all level and the church steeple is straight, which part should I be looking at get right?
Yes i see that i clipped the church, I think I was trying to keep as much of the overhanging tree out of the pic as possible, will try with a wider lens so i can get out from under the trees, was using my 17-55 so maybe a bit wider.

Thanks again will go back and try again.

Definitely worth another visit like you say maybe later in the day to give it a warmer look.
Thanks again

yes i can see your argument there and i apologise...had i looked closer i would have seen the other gravestones at the left tilted towards the centre
just the usual soaring verticals from a wide angle pointed upwards...and can be adjusted

cheers
geof

No Need to apologise Geof it is a bit of an odd picture as the more I look the more I see everything is out of tilt in some way or form. The ground slopes away towards the doors but the tombs are level and the grave stones are upright but nothing seems to gel.

I will go back (when we get some more sun) with a wider lens and try some different angles, this was taken with my 17-55.

Back