Local photographer find gunmans car

Doesn't anyone else find it unacceptable that they still haven't found him?

It's a big bloody place they're looking for him in though - with a man that has detailed knowledge of the area.

They still haven't found Bin Laden, and look at the resources they've committed to that
Yes, it is a big area but I still find it surprising, given that they have helicopters with heat seeking cameras and God knows how many people on the ground...

Maybe the police should ask for help from the army, they have physically fit people experienced in rough country, they're competent with guns and won't keep stopping for risk assessment meetings:)

I find the huge over-reaction a little pathetic.
A couple of bobbies monitoring him when he first warned he was going to do something would have saved 100s of £1,000s and the legions of posturing bobbies with their armed patrols trying to look like something out of their favourite combat movies is eye wateringly hilarious.
Not to mention of course the huge cost of the inquest into what & why.
It's time the Police and other public bodies learned to monitor situations properly and be proactive with early solutions before events like these escalate into the pantomimes they eventually become if they're ignored.

'Don's flak jacket and waits for inevitable overaction from the PC brigade' :D

bloodhounds
SAS
heat seeking chopper
sniper ...........................job done ...no inquest

pretty pathetic - prob miles away by now ............

I find the huge over-reaction a little pathetic.
A couple of bobbies monitoring him when he first warned he was going to do something would have saved 100s of £1,000s and the legions of posturing bobbies with their armed patrols trying to look like something out of their favourite combat movies is eye wateringly hilarious.
Not to mention of course the huge cost of the inquest into what & why.
It's time the Police and other public bodies learned to monitor situations properly and be proactive with early solutions before events like these escalate into the pantomimes they eventually become if they're ignored.

'Don's flak jacket and waits for inevitable overaction from the PC brigade' :D

If all (or any) of the reports of police lethargy and incompetence are true then I 100% agree with you.

I was surprised, last night on the box, when a journalist asked the Det Ch Super whether the police had 'missed opportunities' and the copper gave a politicians answer, completely avoiding the question - why didn't the journalist follow up with "Thanks for that, but will you please tell us whether the police missed opportunities?"

A little embarrassing for the boys and girls in blue now, i see they have shifted the goal post saying he is a possible threat to members of the public, not 100% believing that one :cautious:,

although you would not get me approaching him anyway.

this guy's going out in a blaze of gunfire i bet.

Regards |merc

Yes, I expect that he will go out in a blaze of gunfire - what a waste! If he does have a genuine grievance against the police then it will never be aired if he's dead...

I like your reference to the boys and girls in blue - I'm old enough to remember them when they did wear blue, but I can't help being struck by the similarity of the uniforms of police officers to the Waffen SS.

Sad.

Isn't it strange that when there is one guncrime in Britain there always sames to be another with a few weeks. Its like they try to out do the other one. Lets hope this nut doesn't shoot soo many innocent people before he's either shot by cops or kills himself.

It's a simple game of hide and seek, and he's winning

mybe if the shout ..."coming ready or not" :D

Merc

Being from the north east originally and having family up there I've followed this with interest. It seems that the "Threat to the Public" has only come to light at the same time the police asked "those who have come forward, to speak to them again". I wonder if the threat has been made about those searching for their 5 mins of fame on TV. Last count I think its 3 different people/stories about finding the car.

Personally I think his position is very well known by accomplices and that he is being hidden. I also suspect he is very much out of the search area. The talk of "anyone entering or exiting the area needs to pass a patrol point" is quite frankly ridiculous, they do not have the man power to surround the huge area of country side. Yes the roads may be covered but thats about it.

It's a simple game of hide and seek, and he's winning

mybe if the shout ..."coming ready or not" :D

Merc
You're right, and nobody even knows whether he's hiding in the wilds of Northumberland with the police hot on his heels or whether he set up his camp to wind the police up and is now living quietly in a semi in Surbiton...

The point that strikes me is that the police may not be the best people to find someone hiding in the wilds, if that is really what he's doing. I'm not critical of individual police officers, but as an instutition they seem to be very slow, very cautious and weighed down by H&S concerns. According to reports he's only armed with a sawn off shotgun - extremely limited range and very innacurate - my feeling is that the army would stand a much better chance of finding him, and having found him I don't think he'd present much of a threat. And, from the evasive statements made by the police, I find it difficult to believe that the general public is at risk.

One of the downsides of this farce is that the police, perfectly reasonably, have withdrawn all unarmed officers from the streets, leaving the local lowlife free to go about their 'business' without risk of arrest...

or maybe if they shout " you can come out now we give up and are all going home":naughty: then get someone to stamp like there walking away, <<<through a tannoy.:clap:

of course if he doesn't come out with his Ballys up (thumbs) then he's fair game and they can tig him :D, before he gets back to base.

[S1]thats if the police play fair[/S1]

Merc

I was actually quite pleased when he declared that he was waging war on The Police. I hate Sting....

:LOL: crikey Graham where have you been. It's not like a thread to reach 19 posts before your sarcasm is added :D

Watching this on sky news and i am shocked at the amount of police involved:eek:, what if another similar situation happens at the other end of the country:shrug:

how much will this cost the people of England, does this count towards the deficit, you try to ring the police and get them out when your in need.:nono:, i hope they can justify this amount of personnel and equipment used:puke:

4700 officers for on man.:shake: 20 armoured vehicles.

what the bloody hell.

Regards Merc:D

The earlier tactic of arresting everyone who didn't look like Moat seems to have paid off. :D
My earlier post re the cost of this current fiasco and the token (local?) cost, if earlier action to monitor him after he first warned he would cause harm, leads me to think that now the costs may be met from central funds.
Buck passing in the extreme?

Watching the coverage on Sky and it's all, well a bit distasteful, reminds me of the crowds that used to turn out to watch executions.....

The earlier tactic of arresting everyone who didn't look like Moat seems to have paid off. :D
My earlier post re the cost of this current fiasco and the token (local?) cost, if earlier action to monitor him after he first warned he would cause harm, leads me to think that now the costs may be met from central funds.
Buck passing in the extreme?
The real costs of the failure to act can't be met from any funds.
3 people were shot and it seems that the person alleged to be responsible may shoot himself. That's the real cost

wonder who the togger is providing the photos of moat and the negotiating team, one of tem looking straight at the lens

b!oody hell Gazza is there!

wonder who the togger is providing the photos of moat and the negotiating team, one of tem looking straight at the lens

yeah I noticed that too. two photo's both looking directly at the camera.

i wouldnt take a chance ! gazza might though - he's daft enough

nice little earner for him

Back