Local Race

Waa hooo he was going fast :LOL: I like it!

Being a keen Mountain Biker I really want to like this one but something doesn't look right about it.

Something to do with the bright white light on the forks and rims makes it look like you've cut and pasted the rider onto the background. I don't think you have but that's how it looks to me.

On a positive note the blurring around the top of the pic really gives a sense of SPEED :)

I wish someone could get a shot as good as that with me on the bike!

oooohhhh . . . interesting lighting, very effective

how are you doing these?
remote flash?

second shot looks obviously like there's a remote down bottom left on far side of track, possibly using the onboard flash (or a gun set low) as the near tree faces are lit but not enough power for the rider

but on the 1st shot . . . I'd guess the remote flash is mid height on the left but also one high vertically above (just slightly to right) too, plus onboard flash?

simple slave or fancy triggers?

tell us your secrets!

looks like some planning went into these shots

scratch the one vertically above on the 1st shot, the bike's straightline shadow below it is really the tape lit from the lefthand far side mid height flash

Ok ok I shot these using a basic 400D and a kit lens, a cheap old flash and some £5 slaves,
no need for any of this fancy stuff, keep it simple!

Ahahhh the old cheapo optical slave foot on the second gun stuffed in bush triggered by onboard 1st curtain synch ploy :eek:

neat

nice shots btw (y)

Obviously good anticipation as you wouldn't be able to use machine gun continuous shooting tactics with the flash.

. . . & how many crashed after being blinded by the flash in midair? :LOL:

Really like the first shot but it's over the 800 pixel limit chase, any chance of reducing it please. :)

I've broken them to links as they are oversize. Feel free to edit them back if you resize them.

The shots look like the flash is too strong to me - hence the cut out look. Maybe try the same shot with different power settings on the gun(s)?

I really like the 2nd Shot...

Back