Edit My Images
Yes
Wimborne versus Frome.

13.jpg

18.jpg

34.jpg

41.jpg

C & C more than welcome, many thanks.

Nice work - I like the 3rd one best...nice timing.

I am doing some local Rugby coverage too, what lens are you using ?

One of mine from today

Looks like an excellent attendance!

No 1 looks a little dark, 2 + 3 has a really distracting background (i know this cant be helped)

and love the composition of no 4. I come from the south, and miss proper scrums, seems league is much more prominent in the north!

good work.

Not a fan of the selective colouring though rteyp, but i people have different views on it, very marmite kinda thing!

Nice work - I like the 3rd one best...nice timing.

I am doing some local Rugby coverage too, what lens are you using ?
It was the Sigma 150 - 500
#4 looks a bit on the painfull side :LOL:

Great shots buddy (y)

Looks like an excellent attendance!

No 1 looks a little dark, 2 + 3 has a really distracting background (i know this cant be helped)

and love the composition of no 4. I come from the south, and miss proper scrums, seems league is much more prominent in the north!

good work.

!
The attendance was good, better than normal. This was due to the club having a 'one club' day. It's where all the teams play from the minis at 11 o'clock to the 1st team at 3 o'clock. All about getting all parts of the club together on one day. It was very successful.

Yes number 4 has got the 'Ouch factor!' :D

Many thanks for all your comments.

Last two are pretty good but I'd suggest you might want to have a rethink about the cropping in the first two. The first is a bit unbalanced with the players' feet cut off and so much empty space at the top. Second also needs a rethink. IMO

Last two are pretty good but I'd suggest you might want to have a rethink about the cropping in the first two. The first is a bit unbalanced with the players' feet cut off and so much empty space at the top. Second also needs a rethink. IMO

Thanks Patrick, trouble is I didn't crop their feet off .... I just missed them in the shot!

Point taken and thanks again for your input.

Simon, Who are you shooting for ? Is it just for yourself, Parents and Family or for the press ? It makes a big difference for me, as each will want different things.

Get low, fill the frame and dont cut off limbs...Make sure the verticals are vertical and not leaning one way or another...and seriously consider your backgrounds when choosing a shooting position.

Simon, Who are you shooting for ? Is it just for yourself, Parents and Family or for the press ? It makes a big difference for me, as each will want different things.

Get low, fill the frame and dont cut off limbs...Make sure the verticals are vertical and not leaning one way or another...and seriously consider your backgrounds when choosing a shooting position.

Predominatly for me. The shots are put on Facebook for the players and that is about it really.

I am kneeling down on one knee taking shots, so apart from lying down I can't get much lower.

I try not to miss feet, heads etc. but it happens, maybe I shouldn't have posted it.

I level everything on Lightroom, so I don't know what more I could do. :shrug:

Backgrounds ... Well when you are in the middle of a council estate, pics 3 & 4, with a community centre, pic 2 you are really limited for background. Pic 1 has the clubhouse in the background.

Here's a couple more, not a lot of options.

9.jpg

25.jpg

Much better crop from Andy, your eyes get lost in the original version, we don't need to see the guy's back to the camera on the left for instance.

Yeah, fair comment. I was trying to get the action that he was breaking away from a group of players.

To get that background in I would have to stay at one end and in a fairly limited spot. Is that the best thing to do, or follow the home team?

You captured some great action shots there, I'm sure the lads involved would love these on FB - well done

You captured some great action shots there, I'm sure the lads involved would love these on FB - well done

Thank you and yes then lads do like them. Three of them have already used them as profile pics, so that is nice. :D

It's the third time I've shot rugby, so I can only improve ..... Hopefully! :)

Its fantastic shooting Rugby Simon, I find that I learn something else everytime I shoot...Post some more next time you shoot.

Its fantastic shooting Rugby Simon, I find that I learn something else everytime I shoot...Post some more next time you shoot.

You're spot on there! I find it much more fun than shooting football. There is so much more drama, more tension and effort in players faces. Different aspects to the game that create great photographic opportunities such as scrums, rucks, mauls, line outs and tries like this ... :)

Jimbo.jpg

Thanks for your comments and yes I will post some more.

Great pictures Simon what lens and speeds did you use.? I do under eights rugby and have has some great result but I now do more cropping to get better end results.Its just for parents really they are waiting on Sunday night ready for images to go on the teams facebook page.

Great pictures Simon what lens and speeds did you use.? I do under eights rugby and have has some great result but I now do more cropping to get better end results.Its just for parents really they are waiting on Sunday night ready for images to go on the teams facebook page.

Thats Townville isnt it Ken ?

Back