Local to Me....

A

AnnaBanana

Hiya!

Just wanted to post a few of my photos of places local to me - you will see that I love the coast around Sunderland! - some taken with my Fuji S7000, some with my Nikon D50.

I'm really enjoying looking at everyone's work - getting very inspired by the great photos! :)

Anna :banana:

81668824_aec2a33f13.jpg

Marsden beach at dawn

81668819_02c225b568.jpg

Roker Pier - early morning

81668820_ebd54112c4.jpg

Weather Front over Seaburn beach

81668821_81cb034269.jpg

Fog Rolling In -- on Seaburn beach

Excellent photos Anna, can't say which is my favourite because I love them all :)

Locations seem familiar;)

Really like the rich colour of the first three. You seem to have a talent for capturing amazing skies:)

Great pics :thumb:

really nice, i went to sunderland and walked along the beach in the pouring rain with an ex cos she wanted too....wouldnt happen now, telly to watch, web to surf....

Thanks very much guys! Boy, I was nervous posting my first photos, but now I feel much more confident! :thumb:

Absolutely lovely, adore the 2nd and 3rd ones. Well thought out composition.

welcome to the forums anna, another local :) and what a great start to your time here, some great shots, they all have a great atmosphere about them. Look forward to seeing more.

All good but there's something very compelling for me about that last one. I think there's far too much foreground. The eye tends to roam around looking for detail before finally focusing on the figures in the water which are really the focal point.

Hmmm I could be wrong... but there might be a killer crop there. :)

for me the third image works as a whole...I tried to see it without the foreground but it lost something for me...I know it is a photo which is sort of two halves but sometimes it works when you break the rules....I think it is my arty nature that enjoys the shot so much :)

I can see the shot both ways, I just think it does no harm to check the alternatives. There may be a few alternative good crops there, but I have a bad head at the moment. :embarasse

Two years Stafford College Of Art here btw, but it was a long time ago. :)

No problems with the first three - lovely straight horizons too, something a lot of us could try harder to achieve.

Agree the last one need a little work though - I'd have focussed in on the kids playing as well - the mist sets it up nicely as a Hill and Adamson tribute.

Great eye you have for framing your pictures!

I agree, may be a little crop will help the last one to be better. Use the rule of thirds for the framing, and you will achive a great picture there.

Hi, first and second images for me, i love the birds in the shot on the second one, and the splash of the tide, and the colours in the first one are great.

I like the 3rd one with the moody clouds the best.

I love dawn and sunset pictures :)

I like the second one, the inclusion of the wave breaking finishes it off nicely.

My Mrs likes the first and forth though, high praise indeed!!

Stunning shots there, I really like the colours in the first one. :)

LAst one for me, got an old fashioned industrial feel about it, nice :)

Back