Location in South Wales needed, say New Quay to Swansea, ish

Edit My Images
No
I live near Carmarthen (Llandysul actually)

I am looking for some places on coastal interest, not just plain sand, but breakwaters, rocks etc

Any ideas please

BUT.......................... NOT a long long way from the car, happy to walk but blue badge disability

Thanks

Thanks, good link, but "reading" is out for me I am afraid, Autism means I don't, not that I can't

Thanks, good link, but "reading" is out for me I am afraid, Autism means I don't, not that I can't

Those books are good, they aren’t necessarily just reading, they have maps showing the locations and pictures of each location as well so you can see if it’s worth a visit.

Most of the reading concerns getting there.

I'm heading that way in September and had e-scouted Rhossili beach and the wreck. The Gower, just west of Swansea, looks as though it could be a treasure trove, not sure how accessible it will be for you though. Tenby also looks a good option if that's not too far.

Thanks, appreciated, I am happy to walk, my problem is anxiety, autism, hate crowds/people

Thanks for that will look tomorrow

I'm heading that way in September and had e-scouted Rhossili beach and the wreck. The Gower, just west of Swansea, looks as though it could be a treasure trove, not sure how accessible it will be for you though. Tenby also looks a good option if that's not too far.
Rhossili beach is a fair walk down from the car park at the clifftop. Coming back up is worse. Looking at the wreck from the top theres not much left above sand compared to how it was a few years ago. Still some there though. There were a few similar ones on pembrey beach (but a good way along) and that was years ago I saw them.

Hi CanNik, I don't know how abrasive you can be, but I think that the disclaimer in your sig is a good idea, it can't hurt to know where the person on the other end of the discussion is coming from.
BUT
So far, if you hadn't said anything, we wouldn't have noticed

I am looking for some places on coastal interest, not just plain sand, but breakwaters, rocks etc

Edit: Sorry, I didn't spot that you're looking between Swansea and Tenby - these suggestions are further East.

Southerndown beach might suit you - car parking right next to the beach, plenty of rocks etc for foreground interest, interesting tidal changes. Also Llantwit Major beach is very accessible, though (for my money) it doesn't have as much photography potential.

Gower is another cracking area nearer to you, but many of the beaches aren't very accessible, and some are a proper challenge to get to.

Hope this is some use.

Last edited:
Have you even been to Gwbert, park in the cliff hotel car park and there is a coastal path that starts as you walk around the side of the hotel.

There are rocks and cliffs and stuff but obviously people have died there so take care in places like that and take a phone.

Have you even been to Gwbert, park in the cliff hotel car park and there is a coastal path that starts as you walk around the side of the hotel.

There are rocks and cliffs and stuff but obviously people have died there so take care in places like that and take a phone.

Gee thanks, I like you too :)

Edit: Sorry, I didn't spot that you're looking between Swansea and Tenby - these suggestions are further East.

Southerndown beach might suit you -

YES that looks GOOD thanks

Rhossili beach is a fair walk down from the car park at the clifftop. Coming back up is worse. Looking at the wreck from the top theres not much left above sand compared to how it was a few years ago. Still some there though. There were a few similar ones on pembrey beach (but a good way along) and that was years ago I saw them.

I did check that out on google, not much of any boat just some wood

If it's crowds that freak you out then I would say stay at home for the next month! Anywhere worth seeing will be over-run with other visitors.

A really great viewpoint near Carmarthen is Wharley Point, near Llanstephan. It's above the meeting point of the Taf and Tywi estuaries. You're well up above the tideline but as the tide comes in and out various different parts of the sandbanks come into view. Easily accessible from the nearest car park.

You get great views across the same stretch of sand/mud etc from above St Ishmaels near ferryside. Excellent sunsets.

The coast between amroth and saundersfoot has got potential - see pic below.......

_04A8737.jpg

Back