Location shoot (first for me)

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
I was asked last week if I would do a location shoot with two models......well, I say models, this was a first for them too. Although I hadn't met them i agreed to it, not much in the way of details and ending with "we'll be in touch". Never heard anything and thought it wasn't going to happen when Tuesday evening I got a phone call asking if I could do it on the Wednesday.....Short notice and they didn't have a location in mind, and the only place I could think of was Tanfield railway (yeah I know, again). Anyway, I contacted Tanfield railway to see if permission would be granted and I have to say they were absolutely fantastic about it. They allowed us total freedom, on the tracks, in the engine sheds and to clamber about the old carriages as we wish (as long as we were careful of course), They even offered to make us cups of tea (y).

Anyway, this was a first for all of us and they were brilliant in front of the camera. I wasn't expecting getting too much but really pleased with how the day went. We spent three hours and about three gigs worth of shots....I know I really enjoyed myself and they want to do it again in a few weeks time (even though they haven't seen any shots yet). I've had a quick look through the shots and got some canny ones I think, only processed a couple though.

All releases have been signed, so I think it's okay to post one or two.....And I'll post others later.

Margaret......
Maybe a bit too yellow, used a gold reflector. Pretty much straight out of camera and only sharpening applied during resize to hair eyes and mouth.
_MG_6522-Edit%20copy.jpg

_MG_6413-Edit%20copy.jpg

Obviously any comments on how to better these for the next time would be greatly appreciated.

TFL.
Ken.

Really nice shots. Prefer the second one to the first as the model pops out more from the more subdued background.

I like the poses in both - nice natural smiles and doesn't look contrived.

In terms of PP, I was wondering if it would be possible to use the temperature setting to calm down some of the yellowness from the first one. I'd also be tempted to slightly desaturate the green in the background to the right of the image.

Looks like you've found a good model and location!

Thanks mate. I shot a white balance first using a expo disk....it was about the only time the sun came out. I have desaturated it some (may need to ctrl +f5) and further desaturated the background as suggested.
Thanks again for your comments.

Pose in the first is good, but the hand is slightly infront of the face.
2nd your background blur is a little too obvious

yes, very beautiful and nice turning photo.

Thanks very much for the comments.

2nd your background blur is a little too obvious
The blur I used to create a glam glo kind of look but was applied to the image as a whole not just the background and on a much reduced opacity layer......I'll bear it in mind though. Thanks!

but her feet are positioned rather uncomfortably in the second one.
Yeah, I noticed that as well. I really don't have much knowledge of directing models and just let her do as she wanted really.....But certainly stuff worth remembering for the next time.

Cheers guys for all the comments!

Back