Locations around Bude

Edit My Images
Yes
hey guys and gals, I'm off to Bude for 3 days next week with work and will obviously be lugging my kit down there with me so i can spend some quality time with it in the evenings.

Can any of you recommend any particularly good areas to head to for some nice coastal landscapes in the vicinity?

Or anything else worth pointing the business end at for that matter?

ta muchly,

Kris

How far from Bude to you want to travel??
There are loads of spots near by but it depends on how much you are prepared to travel.

Don't want to travel ridiculous distances, maybe 45mins-1hr travel time (by car...)

Was down in Bude in Feb and there was some pretty dramatic coastline around Widemouth Bay (10 mins in a car from Bude), unfortunately too dark, overcast and rainy when i was down there to get any decent shots but there should be some superb potential now the summers here!

To the south-west is the Tintagel area which has some gorgeous, high vertical cliffs.
Up the coast to the north of Bude is the Hartland quay and Hartland point area which has some great rock formations and plateaus and some big cliffs again.

Bude itself is quite low down to sea level but has interesting rocky areas either side of it. Especially at low tide.

I recommend Padstow- Not too far from Bude 35-40 mins top. It has a lovely small setting with plenty of boats around.

Widemouth Bay 2 mins from Bude. Great coastline and afew beaches close by.

Hartland Point and Quay are also nice as mentioned.

Boscastle is just down the road from Bude and you can take the country lane route via Widemouth Bay.

OOOh I'm jealous. Lovely area all round. (y)

The coastline either north or south of Bude is spectacular, and you have a whole choice of places to shot with 30mins either way. Most have been mentioned but I can recommend Hartland Point and Hartland Quay, Speeks Mill (just off Hartland quay), Crackington Haven, Boscastle, Port Issac (Where Doc Martin is filmed), Clovelly and a little bit further North is Westward Ho! with it's pebble ridge.
The choice is huge and with high tides coming later in the day this week it should be a great week for sunset, dusk shots.
Went out shooting over the weekend and I was happily still snapping away at 11.30pm..

Have fun.

The coastline either north or south of Bude is spectacular, and you have a whole choice of places to shot with 30mins either way. Most have been mentioned but I can recommend Hartland Point and Hartland Quay, Speeks Mill (just off Hartland quay), Crackington Haven, Boscastle, Port Issac (Where Doc Martin is filmed), Clovelly and a little bit further North is Westward Ho! with it's pebble ridge.
The choice is huge and with high tides coming later in the day this week it should be a great week for sunset, dusk shots.
Went out shooting over the weekend and I was happily still snapping away at 11.30pm..

Have fun.

Ha, if you find anything to photograph at Westward Ho do let me know. I live just down the road from there and I'm still trying to snap something worth the effort, but maybe I just haven't got the 'eye' :LOL: Excellent suggestions otherwise though.(y)

Ha, if you find anything to photograph at Westward Ho do let me know. I live just down the road from there and I'm still trying to snap something worth the effort, but maybe I just haven't got the 'eye' :LOL: Excellent suggestions otherwise though.(y)

Whereabouts are you in North Devon?? Maybe arrange to meet up one evening always good to go snapping with someone else now and again.

Thanks all, I head down tomorrow so hopefully I'll get some good shots to share with you when I get back!

Whereabouts are you in North Devon?? Maybe arrange to meet up one evening always good to go snapping with someone else now and again.

SNAP! I live in Westward Ho! :)

Oops:nuts: no offence meant devitt with my comment regarding Westward Ho!. I think what I was really saying was that I can never find anything to suit my eye at Westward Ho! and not that there's nothing there to photograph (think I'll quit before I dig this hole any deeper). I live in Horns Cross between Clovelly and Bideford. Not sure about the evening meet though wingnut, I think I may be just too old and slow for you young whippersnappers. As an aside, Bideford can throw up some interesting photographic opportunities.

Back