locations around Manchester

Name
imran
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I am new to this forum, I just wanted to know which are the best places fro landscape photography around Manchester area. Thanks

Manchester is a big area so be a little more specific. Also, are you on foot, public transport or have a car. How far do you want to travel?

I am on car, I live in Bolton, so it does not have to be manchester, any where around this area where i can go and come back in half a day. Thanks

You should be spoilt for choice!

You are on the edge of the Pennines, you have Rivington Pike, Winter Hill and plenty of reservoirs to choose from. You are not a million miles from the south Lakes. My advice would be to pick a location, get up early and get in the car.

I'm hyde so my local haunts are Stalybridge country park; dove stones; city centre / have been to media city which I suggest for night time and especially blue hour shooting; Hartshead pike to name a few

You should be spoilt for choice!

You are on the edge of the Pennines, you have Rivington Pike, Winter Hill and plenty of reservoirs to choose from. You are not a million miles from the south Lakes. My advice would be to pick a location, get up early and get in the car.

As above, there are a few places very local to you in Bolton and Kendall / Windermere etc is only an hour or so away. Then there is around Settle and the likes etc

Don't forget just down the M62 you have Liverpool if you get bored with landscape photography

If you drive then you have all the Peak District to explore and there are some wonderful places.
One place which also seems a nice place to shot is the three shires head just past Buxton.

I use to live Hyde and also was in the hills towards Holmfirth but now I'm in Stockport and up towards Buxton and Macclesfield there are some nice places.

All depends what you want/Live to shot?

Rivington pike is minutes away from Bolton and provides some awesome sunset action over the penines.

Salford Quays, Northern Quarter, Castlefield, Albert Square...

What part of Manchester are you from or looking at inparticular?

We have lots of waterparks/lakes in South Manchester that offer nice sublte sunset views which would be different to the sort of views you'd achieve towards the East and West of Manchester where you start to climb the Penines and get more of an overview of the city and landscape.

You have The Iron men on Crosby beach near Liverpool, Perch Rock light house New Brighton. Both an hours (if not less) drive away. Lyme park has that tower thing (folly), might make an interesting shot with a long exposure and mono. Southport beach sunsets can look good if you get the pier silhouetted

Back