Locations for shoot near Mold, N Wales?

Name
Anna
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I've got a session booked with model looking to increase her portfolio with some location shoots later this week.

The shoots will be around Mold, Flintshire so i am am looking for some suggestions, any ideas? I'm particularly interested in....

Ruins & castle - found Ewloe Castle on Google but not been there...?

Industrial locations - disused warehouse, docks

Rural locations - Beautiful scenery. disused barns

Something special.....but what??????:shrug:

I'd appreciate any help as I'm not familiar with that area.

Thanks guys!:)

Anna

Hi,

There's a few nice National Trust properties closeby, not sure on their photography policy though...

Chirk Castle is a good bet, nice setting/gardens

Errdig, near Wrexham

Even closer to Mold, scenery wise the Clywdian Hills are the place for scenery... Moel Famau has a derelict tower on the summit (little bit of a walk from the carpark though)

If you don't mind a little further drive then Llangollen is full of possibilities, the canal, riverside, there's also the nearby Aquaduct at Trevor, Castell Dinas Bran

For industrial then around Mostyn Docks perhaps

just a few ideas off the top of my head

Simon

Thanks for the ideas!

The Heritage centre at Holywell looks good as theres quite a few different opportunities in one place and we will probably have about 2 hours in total.

I'm not sure myself about shooting at a NT site, think they might get a bit funny if we are there for too long? But I'll be near LLangollen in a couple of weeks so those locations will be useful too.

Cheers

Anna

The Duke of Lancaster is about 5 mins up the road from the greenfield site. Worth at least a quick look if you get time. only probluem may be getting to the public area on the side of it as there is a low birdge to go under and you will have to watch for the tide. Park at Abakhan (correct spelling this time).

Back