Scotland Locations in Morayshire and Aberdeenshire

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I mainly shoot aviation and will be travelling up north to visit RAF Lossiemouth and Aberdeen airports. We are up there for 4 days and are looking for other locations for photography, mainly looking for interesting scenery or buildings. We have already identified Duffus castle and Elgin cathedral as possible spots. I should also say that we will mainly be shooting these in the evening/night time.

thanks in advance

Ben

A lot of the villages along the Moray coast and further east towards Fraserburgh are very attractive eg Cullen, Portsoy, Banff, Gardenstown. If you are happy to go south of Aberdeen have a look at Dunnottar Castle, just south of Stonehaven(about 20 miles from Aberdeen).

Dave

cheers for the quick reply Dave, Dunnottar castle looks magnificent.

Check out the Findhorn foundation. Well worth a visit.....google it ! And Fort George for some good shots across the Moray firth, and a good chance of seeing a few dolphins. Also, the very atmospheric Culloden.

Last edited:
These are all great suggestions guys and I much appreciate it. Lots of homework to be done now

Endorsing Alan's statement for Findhorn Bay, right at the end of the Kinloss Runway.
Look West at sunset for spectacular colours, look East and think of Halcyon days...

God, that brings back memories, it`s about 20 years since I last went to Lossie on holiday. Silver Sands site, happy days! You could always shoot the phone box at Pennan!
Wildey.

Back