Locations in SE North York Moors

Name
Billy
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys,
I'm going to be staying in Scarborough soon and I'm looking for some decent landscape locations (waterfalls, rivers, field, moors, vistas, anything really!) within the South East of the North Yorkshire Moors not too far from Scarborough. (with fairly easy access)

Any recommendations? :)

Thanks!

Billy

You can't really go wrong around here. If it helps a lot of my photography is around this area and I geotag all my shots so www.flickr.com/markmullen and you can find accurate locations.

As a few examples Falling Foss near Ruswarp is a nice little waterfall, Rocks Lane at. Burniston provides a nice coastal sunrise as does Scalby Mills Rocks in Scarborough looking towards Scarborough castle, Boggle Hole similar. If you want rugged moorland the Scarborough to Whitby road offers it, turn off to the left anywhere along it and you can't go wrong. Forge Valley from East Ayton to Langdale End and then on through Silpho back to the Whitby road has some nice big trees. Throxenby Mere is nice with the right light.

Feel free to email me (mark @ my website address) if I can help, until a year ago I lived in Scarborough and am now back in York so know that end really well.

Back