Loch Ard

I think you might be right, too much of both.
I quite like it with the foreground chopped off the bottom though.

NIce, moody photo. For digital viewing, I think it borders on being too dark, but is probably OK. If you were to print it, you may want to lighten the dark areas some...at least that has been my experience. Thanks for sharing.

I'd just move the exposure slider up a little, maybe 0.2EV. The high contrast is good, clearly tyou've taken an image thats got a greater dynamic range than your camera can handle, but thats not neccessarily a bad thing.

For me, it has a certain drama and for that I like it

your shot is just waiting to be lifted into a great composition
the darkness isnt a problem in the conifer silhouettes but the loch could be slightly lifted to match the sky level of illumination and so would give better reflections
no edit so i cant have a bash at bashing your shot
cheers
geof

i think its all going forward quite well...the original is brilliant so any further pp will be purely artistic and full of scope for enhancement
try some dodging in the trees along with some extra tone processing to give a less natural but perhaps warmer feel to the shot
i did a trial but wont put it on as you dont want editing
cheers
geof

Last edited:
nah fire it Geof, I dont mind having a look. Thanks.

a22 by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

8338776682_6657da796c_c.jpg

cheers
geof

It's getting better and better :)

I was going to say I liked the original....but yes, it's getting better and better. Beautiful view.

Might be just me but I prefer the original ;),always was an awkward type :).Nice shot though with plenty of 'atmospherics'.

Jack

Back