Loch Clair - Torridon

Name
Carol
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi took this one of Loch Clair – Torridon a couple of weeks ago but only just processed it at the weekend. It was a beautiful morning and light was fantastic, not too much colour about but that did not disappoint as the rest of the conditions were spot on.

Any cc welcome and thanks for looking.

Loch Clair - Torridon by Carol Ritchie, on Flickr

Lots to like here but ...

It is over saturated for me.

Love the reflections, light on the mountains, clouds just topping the mountains.

Lots to like here but ...

It is over saturated for me.

Love the reflections, light on the mountains, clouds just topping the mountains.

Same here. This looks lovely but - much like I do when processing shots - I think you have turned the saturation up a bit too much. My wife looks over my shoulder and makes me dial it down a bit and I think it would help here too. And if you have cropped a bit from the bottom I would add that back too so you can see the tops of the reflected clouds.

Thanks for your cc guys will tone it down a little. ;)

Magnificent image. Very nicely composed, and exposed imo. I do not mind the strong colouration, having seen many a day in the Highlands with similarly strong light.

As said before. A lot to like about this shot and compositionally and interest wise it's spot on. As per any image, the tones, levels etc are very much personal preference and I too suffer from the over-saturation bug as I'm a sucker for a nice vibrant image :D

Like Rich says PP is personal touch if you like the result that what matters
if it was mine i would drop the Saturation very slightly and try up the exposure ever so slightly just to see how it turns out

Excellent image, very calming (y)

Tad over saturated and with a bit too much contrast but superb lighting and composition.

I agree. There's a great image in there somewhere and I think a less is more approach to pp would go a long way to achieving it :)

That's a fabulous scene there Carol but as been stated above, I think a little less saturation and increase the exposure could improve it. It works for you and that's what matters.

Hi stranger.

One of my favourite places.

As others have said - fine image but a tad oversaturated. That said l'm only viewing on my iPad.

Back