Loch Eilt, Lochaber

Edit My Images
No
Hi folks,
This is my 1st post on the forum.

It is of Loch Eilt in Lochaber, on the road from Fort William to Mallaig.

Drove past this spot going on 100 times & finally captured it perfectly still.

C & C welcome

Loch%20Eilt.jpg

Original size:
http://photos.imageevent.com/zeezeephotography/holiday2009skyemallaig/Loch Eilt.jpg

It's pretty good, i love the reflection (y) but the composition is spoiled by the beach on the right and the shoreside on the left. :thumbsdown:

An angle leaving the bottom of the shot purely for the reflection would have given much more impact. :D

The exposure is well judged and there looks to be a good tonal range. I would be tempted to crop this (if possible) to leave more sky in the top of the shot, maybe have the peak of the hill 1/3rd from the top of the frame and the reflection 1/3rd from the bottom?

Are you new to photography aswell as the forum?

The reason i ask is because if your producing shots like this already i would love to see some more of your work.

i think you are nearly there compositionally (is that even a word :nuts:)

Andy

Last edited:
Very nice - out of interest what did you use to stitch it ? (Assuming this is multiple shots and not a crop ?)

Lovely shot, composition and colours. Like it. (y) I think that your horizon might be a bit squint though - the loch looks as though it's sloping and the top of the hill in the centre might be cropped a little too close to the top of the frame.

Welcome!!!!
As opposed to Rovers Andy, I like the shore and the beach. Makes this picture different. What I dont like though is post-processing. To saturated in my opinion and quite strong halo present around the hill tops. I would love it with natural colours. Great effort though.

Back