Loch Lomond and Loch Long

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Terrible weather but a few of us braved it today... C&C more than welcome :)

A quick dart out to grab a shot of Loch Lomond

Loch_Lomond_2.jpg

Stormed the security for this abandoned building

Long_Loch_Jetty.jpg

Yeah both HDR using just 3 raws because of the weather I had to be quick. 2nd is a bit too much I reckon but it didn't come out they way I had it in my head hehe.

Highlight and Shadow colour saturation adjustments with the first one (similar process to your bridge ;))

Yeah both HDR using just 3 raws because of the weather I had to be quick. 2nd is a bit too much I reckon but it didn't come out they way I had it in my head hehe.

Highlight and Shadow colour saturation adjustments with the first one (similar process to your bridge ;))

Nice :)

I like them both, but the second is especially good imho. I'm really developing a taste for photography of this style, and this works really well.

My only advice might be to only use a single raw for the first shot? as there is movement, it might yield a sharper end result only using the one raw?

If you are planning to go please be careful as the floor doesn't seem very stable :eek:

The roof at the far end in no 2 doesn't look very safe either! I wouldn't like to be under that if it fell.

Both nice shots, not a great fan of HDR but in these cases I think it worked quite well, particularly in No 2.(y)

Just found out it used to be a torpedo testing station.

No 1 looks a tad soft in the bottom left hand corner although the PP is interesting. Not too sure that the scene DR needed a HDR merge and you could have gotten the same effect with one RAW?

I like the second shot which does have the DR in the scene to make you think of the HDR approach. However, getting down and dirty and shooting right up from those old tracks might have given a more interesting composition.

Nice shot that No.2 though. :clap:

It's on Loch Long on the A83 between Succoth and Ardgartan. If you google map it you can see a small side road off the A83 between these two villages.

Aerial
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&h....19737,-4.7609&spn=0.014731,0.046778&t=h&z=15

If you are planning to go please be careful as the floor doesn't seem very stable :eek:

Where abouts is Succoth and A? Sounds scottish? I cant look at goggle maps because I only have dialup, but that place looks like a good place for my final project on my course....cheers

Yes it's in Scotland, not far from Glasgow. Here's two maps:

Map1.jpg

Map2.jpg

I love direlect buildings and such. There a few great ones right next to bowling train station.

Back