Critique Loch Tulla

SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Suspended / Banned
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I deleted this as I felt the light was too hard, and having taken one earlier where the light was softer I felt I had the stronger image.

However, I rescued it for the bin as I felt the cooler hues and harder light better reflected the cold, forebording sense of winter rather than softer, more golden and more welcoming light.

Your thoughts?

_DSC2997 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

It definitely conveys the feeling of cold in the foreground, but the light hitting the hills in the background gives a sense of balance, if that makes sense?
I like it.
Why don't you show both on the thread?

It definitely conveys the feeling of cold in the foreground, but the light hitting the hills in the background gives a sense of balance, if that makes sense?
I like it.
Why don't you show both on the thread?

Here is the other:

_DSC2985 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

Bar crops the compositions are similar but the lighting really rather different. Due to the absense of warm tones in OP it appears cooler and more foreboding. Which works better for you? (there is no right or wrong answer)

I prefer the second one Steve.
The sky adds more contrast, looks more dramtic overall.

Reactions: ST4
I prefer the second one too.
Better sky, and the light on the hills looks better

Its undoubtably prettier and more "text book" landscape. I love having it, I suppose because I was out trecking the whole day, the OP best evokes the memory of that day. That rich golden light is alas just a fleeting moment before the suns up and the lights much harder and more severe.

The second does have more punch to it but I do like the light hitting the frozen lake in the first.Id be happy with any on these though.

Reactions: ST4
Back