Lochan na h-Achlaise

SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Suspended / Banned
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Autumn really is a great time of year. Earlier today I decided to reprocess some of these, I felt the original renditions were a tad garish for my tastes now so went back over them. This has to have been one of my favourite trips out. Autumn colours, interesting sky, perfect reflections and lovely clear air. I doubt I'll get a better set of pictures from here so might as well rework what I have. In some the sun died away a little but with the moorland that lovely red hue it didn't matter at all. To me Autumn is the last hoorah of the year and although I love summer I cannot wait for Autumn again, particularly after 2017's which was a crushing disappointment compared to years gone by.

_DSC9748 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

_DSC9754 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

_DSC9759 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

And finally a letter box

_DSC9760 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

All fab

Lovely set Steve. really like 2&3, I really like the layers in No2 that dark layer of trees at the foot of the mountains creates a nice layered effect and the shot has a nice depth to it. No3 generally I find grasses like that in the water, disruptive but i thing it must be the shape of these that I find quite appealing, together with those low level clouds through the passes. No4 Nice Pano with your signature reflection;)

Classic Stephen Taylor :)
No 4 is my fave as I love the grass in the water

No1 and then the pano. The playful light, the sky and non-symmetrical composition of the 1st really work the magic. It feels like you enter the image at the lower right corner and work around the moor to the mountains but never leave the magic scene. It doesn't quite feel the same in the other ones.

Last one for me, can see that on a wall.

It's a magical place, I've been distracted with hide stuff lately but hoping to get up there soon.

One day I’ll get you there. It’s really needs to be early summer or autumn there

Yet to get a reflection there, its either been choppy or frozen. Got a decent one just up the road though, that small loch at the layby and also other side of the road, same day.

Yet to get a reflection there, its either been choppy or frozen. Got a decent one just up the road though, that small loch at the layby and also other side of the road, same day.

I know the one - it's easier to get reflections in that one, smaller and maybe more sheltered. I got some lovely ones last spring but waiting for the summer and autumn now. Not long :D

Back