Logo's ?

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
What with all this face book fanning etc, I figured i'd try making a logo for mine. Anyone got any tips on making them as I really haven't got a clue.

Best I could come up with so far is:

3722776225_b0b393979f_o.jpg

Any suggestions (good or bad) would be greatly appreciated (y)

It looks very dated to me. Sorry to be harsh.

First step is look at photographer you would like to compete with (aspire to be), look at their logos, see what others are doing, and work from there. The font you have used is hard to read. Something plain and simpl is usually best.

Get some ideas of logos you like, then work from there.

My advice is:

Simple easy to read classic font (Helvetica, Georgia etc.)

Look at what others are doing. Not to copy, but just for inspriation.

When you have finished your design, put it up against those logos who you really like. If you (and honest friends) think it looks out of place, then back to the drawing board.

Lastly Practice, practice, practice and if that fails, call the pro in, lol.

It looks very dated to me. Sorry to be harsh.

First step is look at photographer you would like to compete with (aspire to be), look at their logos, see what others are doing, and work from there. The font you have used is hard to read. Something plain and simpl is usually best.

Get some ideas of logos you like, then work from there.

My advice is:

Simple easy to read classic font (Helvetica, Georgia etc.)

Look at what others are doing. Not to copy, but just for inspriation.

When you have finished your design, put it up against those logos who you really like. If you (and honest friends) think it looks out of place, then back to the drawing board.

Lastly Practice, practice, practice and if that fails, call the pro in, lol.

Not harsh at all mate, this is the sort of response i was looking for (y)

It's just a bit of fun really, more than anything else as i have absolutely no intention of going pro (nowhere near good enough anyway). I'll have a poke around.

Tey all look very serious, but then again being pro stuff i guess they should do too.

Any next attempt (which i rather like) quirky :D

3723662888_8b62de266d_o.jpg

Tey all look very serious, but then again being pro stuff i guess they should do too.

Any next attempt (which i rather like) quirky :D

3723662888_8b62de266d_o.jpg

I like that, simple and to the point.

I kinda like the second. I would maybe try and fade the blue to whitish, to allow the black to stand out more.

Gary.

Thanks guys.............

Gary, I have the original saved as a photoshop thing so can easily adjust the colours.

3725596043_186177219f_o.jpg

You should approach this not from what looks cool or jazzy, but from the position of deciding what you want to achieve and only then attempting to design something that reflects that.

For example if you wish to appeal to people getting married, having a cartoon style logo might create the wrong impression.

Basically you need to write yourself a brief that you could give to someone else even if you are going to attempt it yourself. Consider the types of people you wish to appeal to. Maybe try to reflect your chosen area of work or aspirations.

All too often a logo is created using anything or any filter that comes to hand. Try to avoid novelty if you intend it to be appropriate for the long term.

Graham

The second one works well to me. Very retro font, but nice colours and easyish to read. As you yourself siad it is quirky.

Thanks

You should approach this not from what looks cool or jazzy, but from the position of deciding what you want to achieve and only then attempting to design something that reflects that.

For example if you wish to appeal to people getting married, having a cartoon style logo might create the wrong impression.

Basically you need to write yourself a brief that you could give to someone else even if you are going to attempt it yourself. Consider the types of people you wish to appeal to. Maybe try to reflect your chosen area of work or aspirations.

All too often a logo is created using anything or any filter that comes to hand. Try to avoid novelty if you intend it to be appropriate for the long term.

Graham

Thanks for the thoughts Graham. I do want to make it clear that this is just for fun, and I have no intention on turning pro, or anything like it. I just take pics for fun, and should anyone want to buy something along the way, all the better. But thats about as far as i will ever want it to go.

Back