Critique Lola

Name
barry
Edit My Images
Yes
Just trying out my new flash unit with Nikon 50mm @ f3.5 1/60 with flash at half power, used a blanket as a backdrop with the flash on camera bounce off the ceiling.
Is there any way to avoid the green eyes apart from PP

Lola & Sully.jpg

Post this in the Talk Lighting and Studio sub forum, ought to get some useful responses in there I expect.

Is there any way to avoid the green eyes apart from PP

The problem here is the use of frontal flash. The greenish is a reflection
from the of the eye's aqueous humor observable by older fellows.

Solution: Get OCF!

Post this in the Talk Lighting and Studio sub forum, ought to get some useful responses in there I expect.

Thank you will do that later.

The problem here is the use of frontal flash. The greenish is a reflection
from the of the eye's aqueous humor observable by older fellows.

Solution: Get OCF!

Have been looking at some triggers. Will get them for Xmas

Always a good boy. Thinking about it now I think I care the white card pulled out which might not of helped

the white card pulled out which might not of helped

A way to solve the problem with the flash on camera is to bounce
it to the ceiling for example.

What flash do you have? Before I had triggers I used the pop up flash (with a piece of card to deflect it away from the subject) to trigger the optical slave mode on my flash.

used a blanket as a backdrop with the flash on camera bounce off the ceiling.

A way to solve the problem with the flash on camera is to bounce
it to the ceiling for example.

He already tried that. I suspect maybe some light was bleeding straight forwards even though the flash was angled upwards. Try holding your hand or a bit of card between the flash and the dog so *all* the light is reflected and none direct, see if that helps. As you said, if you had the white card pulled out that will direct light straight towards the subject so push that down as well. Have fun

Last edited:
I have a Yongnuo 468ii for Nikon

then you can light your photos using the flash off camera - to avoid the green eyes thing - and control it via the pop up flash.

Have a google/you tube for Nikon CLS help and off camera flash technique. Oh and welcome to a new era in your photography!

Thanks Jeff I'll YouTube later and practice at the weekend

Back