London - Big ben, parliament

Name
Brett
Edit My Images
Yes
295795z.jpg

New to photography. This was taken on a very rocky thames boat with no tripod. Any CC welcome! :D

Not sure how qualified I am to offer advice, but here's my thoughts anyway:

I like it but there's something not quite right about the sun, to me it looks too bright whereas the rest of the pic has a more moody feel to it.
Possibly waiting for the boat to move along the river would position the sun behind a tower, highlighting that part of the image and reducing the suns dominance in the centre of the frame.

I can see what your trying to do here but as said the sun is too strong, also do not like it split in half need to have it moved to the 1/3rd . Crop of some of the left side bit of blending and a bit of dodge and burn on the water
Big Ben is the nickname for the great bell of the clock at the north end of the Palace of Westminster in London its the clock tower
How about like this.
4325645220_0c720f9df6_o.jpg

I've got one very similar that I took on New Years Day. The sun seems to take over the image on mine, I may even post it when I get brave enough!!!

I really like it. I think it's a great job as the lighting doesn't look brilliant and I know how much those boats move around. :clap:

honestly i think its way to dark, there is 100s books about landscapes, i recommend you get one :), its not enough to go somewhere and take a quick snap, i can bet if you have waited some time you would get a better picture with better light from the embankment. maybe even with this sky u could get something special, and btw i dont think that you tried to get silhouette effect on purpose, did you? :)

Back