London Boris bikes

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
Yes
Any more users of Boris bikes on the forum?

I ask because I've been using them since moving back to London last September and overall I am very impressed with them. I collect one in my street and can be at Victoria, King's Cross etc within 20 -25mins.

They save me a hell of a lot when it comes to bus fares (a bus pass is £4; a 30 min journey is free after the £45 yearly fee is paid) - about £200 saved so far if my conservative estimate is correct.

Recently however I am finding in central London, empty docking spaces are more and more difficult to find. I have an iPhone app which points out local docking spaces and time after time I find that they are always full - certainly around the Strand, Haymarket zone which I need to use.

So for now I'm just wondering if this is something noticed by others or is it just my bad luck?

Noticed quite a few when I visited London recently. I guess they might help encourage people to use 2 wheels who might not normally consider it.

large.jpg

^ they do a lot of redistributing and to and fro, but that can only partially help.

Back