london bridge trails

Name
paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, not posted for a while but visited london to see the poppys and got some nice record shots and decided to wait for dark not long this time of year to capture light trails at the bridge but the traffic was ridicious and people everywhere so had to work fast. will go back because wanted to do the eye and waterloo bridge long exposure but the heavens literally opened before had the chance. Really would like pointers for future ref because will return in better weather and later at night when the crowds are better.

image by woody174, on Flickr

*Tower Bridge.... London bridge is the next one along.

I think it's probably quite a difficult shot here until later as your light trails start off ok on the right, but as the cars are queuing, it looks a little untidy as they enter the bridge.
Nice subject and the sharpness on the bridge is there, but I'm not sure the trails work for me here.

Last edited:
*Tower Bridge.... London bridge is the next one along.

The Americans made the same mistake :)

Its hard to get the shot your looking for. Its surprising how much the bridge moves without you realising it, but a long exposure will pick it up.
The idea is there, like you said you need darker that way you can have a longer exposure and better light trails.

Thanks for comments, sorry about mistake about naming the bridge idiot! Problem was there was so much traffic travelling at 30mph speed limit and light levels gave me only a second exposure where ideally looking for much longer to give some nice trails

Back