London Bridge

Edit My Images
Yes
Had two hours around London last Saturday around sunset time, no tripod or filters with me, just the camera, it was quite liberating really.

I did play with the idea of using HDR, but couldn't get a slow enough shutter speed hand held, so a bit of heavy LR editing had to suffice...

London Bridge by Adam P, on Flickr

Last edited:
You can get pinged pretty quickly using a tripod in that area, so just as well & a decent shot!

You can get pinged pretty quickly using a tripod in that area, so just as well & a decent shot!

That's a shame, I know the More London and Hays Galleria area have a strange tripod phobia, this was taken from just before the steps upto London Bridge, under the glass canopy on Queens Walk, I didn't realize that area wasn't tripod friendly either.

Last edited:
From years of personal experience, it’s usually a couple of hundred metres downstream, past HMS Belfast and just up to Tower Bridge, that you will have trouble with security as that is owned by More London Estates.

They do not like tripods unless you have a permit from the estate office, and even then they take some convincing!

I’ve never had issues along by the pier.

Reactions: zx9
From years of personal experience, it’s usually a couple of hundred metres downstream, past HMS Belfast and just up to Tower Bridge, that you will have trouble with security as that is owned by More London Estates.

They do not like tripods unless you have a permit from the estate office, and even then they take some convincing!

I’ve never had issues along by the pier.
Over many many years of talking evening and and night images in London only once have I had to 'move on' when taking pictures along the Thames in London, this was across the river on the walkway between the Tower Hotel and St Katherine's Dock when I was told to clear off by an over officious security guard, his reasoning was that my tripod was a H&S issue, so I picked it up walked round the corner, watched the guard walk past then went back.

In many cases I think it can be a bit of bad luck to get moved on, I have loads of images from both sides of the Thames between London and Tower Bridges, I've always ensured that I didn't block walkways and never ever had a permit. With so many tourists setting up tripods stopping people is all but impossible and the guards know this but you'll always get one who wants to flex his authority beyond what is reasonable.

Donkeys years ago, my dad had an office in the central building. Right on the right hand corner. Great view of the Belfast. It was Midland Bank bank then, the blue one was HSBC as well

Donkeys years ago, my dad had an office in the central building. Right on the right hand corner. Great view of the Belfast. It was Midland Bank bank then, the blue one was HSBC as well
Slept onboard the Belfast many nights when doing stuff for the IWM( fliming) not recently though.

Must be a view that he never got tired of.

Must be a view that he never got tired of.
Yes, it was quite a view. I also worked in a building the other side of the bridge, all the managers grabbed the river side windows when we moved in. Only to find it was so sunny they had to have the blinds down most of the time.
But a great view on new years eve 1999, I did the overnight shift incase the millennium bug hit us. Just sat there with a great view of all the fireworks and then slept on the board room sofas for the rest of the night

Back