London by Night

Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
Had some spare time between jobs last night so I ventured in to London to do some night time shooting. The subject matter isn't exactly original I know but I thought I'd give it a go.

Any comments welcome. :)

HouseOfParliamentNightTime1.jpg

ClockfaceofTowerofWestminster2.jpg

LondonEyeEmbankmentLondon1.jpg

Thanks for looking. :)

I agree, #2 and particlarly #3 are great. Have you details of focal length, shutter speeds and aperture setting for these?

Thanks for the comments. :)

The exif details are:-

ISO100
f/10
10 Seconds
17mm

ISO 100
f/10
4 Seconds
60 mm

ISO100
f/10
25 Seconds
18mm

Both 2 and 3 are very good, but I particularly like #2.

I'm going to be the odd one out here, 2 is my least favourite of the set because St Stephens Tower is seperated from the foreground and the picture is cut in two. The detail in the tower is superb though.

I really like 1, even with the blown highlights - I think because of the human element and motion in the picture.

3 is a great shot, plenty to look at and lots of detail.

Mark(y)

I like all 3.
I think the silhouette (sp!) that is in number two gives a really nice effect onto big ben!
Number 3 is awesome, ok like you say its hardly orginal, but im sure many people would still have loved to have taken that picture (me included)

(y)

number 3 is fab.
Lots of colour and the reflection in the water helps maintain the flow.

Thanks a lot for all the replys and comments they are much appreciated :)

My personal favourite is number two, pretty much for the same reason as Matt gave. Another reason I like #2 more than #3 is that I have seen similar or better of the London Eye from others, Stan's included. :)

Thanks again to everyone.

Dom

I love the last one. Great sky. The other two are great too.

Back