London (City) at night

Edit My Images
Yes
Trying to get to grips with nighttime pictures, this is one of my first tries. It shows most of London city at night. There are a few more pictures with varying exposures but this was my favorite one.

London @ Night by Jonzky Z, on Flickr

It was not processed (apart from the camera's processing) as honestly I'd have no clue what to do. Ff you have any feedback/suggestions then please let me know.

Last edited:
As an image it doesn't really do much for me but one thing I will say is watch your horizons, it's very wonky. ;)

Little lacking in the foreground, but love the centre area; you need to watch the horizon as this will make or break the shot. Best to use a level that fits in your hot shoe.

Keep at it, that's the best thing about photography you never ever stop learning.

Thanks for the tips.

With the horizon, I should have taken more care when I setup the tripod.

I did consider cropping the middle but the quality dropped too much. Maybe when I have a bit more time I will try to create a more mosaic of closer-up shots.

Thanks for the tips.

With the horizon, I should have taken more care when I setup the tripod.

I did consider cropping the middle but the quality dropped too much. Maybe when I have a bit more time I will try to create a more mosaic of closer-up shots.

From this day on thou shalt be named 'Wonzky Jonzky!' :LOL:
Don't worry too much about fettling tripods, you can easily straighten images afterwards in PP. (y)

I was wondering about cropping the middle bit into a panorama, printed on a canvas it actually might look quite nice and tbh, the drop in quality wouldn't be too much of an issue. ;)

From this day on thou shalt be named 'Wonzky Jonzky!' :LOL:
Don't worry too much about fettling tripods, you can easily straighten images afterwards in PP. (y)

I was wondering about cropping the middle bit into a panorama, printed on a canvas it actually might look quite nice and tbh, the drop in quality wouldn't be too much of an issue. ;)

Awwww, someone else calls me Wonzky but I forgot the reason why :D

Funnily enough I was aiming to print it into on a canvas in a few months when I improve on it. Still undecided if I should go for just the city or include the BT Tower / London Eye as well.

This is a cropped picture I took yesterday (Still wonky though :( ).

City by Jonzky Z, on Flickr

That looks much better! :clap:
Looks like it only needs a tiny bit of CCW rotation, but it's barely noticeable tbh.
I like it! :cool:

Back