London Cityscapes - inc. Long Exp & HDR

Name
Sean
Edit My Images
Yes
Hopefully some angles and exposures you haven't seen before!

See my candids of london here

3772195974_e359750609_o.jpg

3771389991_aeaf5f2bd2_o.jpg

3772195650_09d19cdc24_o.jpg

3771389391_27cfae8cf5_o.jpg

3772195452_54b0970582_o.jpg

3771389285_b90ef2193e_o.jpg

3772194972_6bb6f5bd16_o.jpg

3771388769_b29ae71e98_o.jpg

3772194478_3525a9f9ff_o.jpg

CC&C appreciated

Last edited:
Fantastic mate. You have really nailed the HDR ones if you ask me. The B&W ones are great too.
#5 is an interesting shot that I wouldnt have thought of taking but it looks great.

Really good mate. #5 is amazing. I really like #10 aswell but I can see a bit of movement in big ben. I think this may have been because it was more than one exposure blended? When this happens to me I just pick on the the exposures and create an HDR from one file.

Cheers mate.

Number 5 is one of those hidden gems. Didn't notice how good it was until someone told me!

Number 10 was literally just a single exposure. I'm not too fussed about the movement of big ben as the focus imo is the bus/blur.

Definitely a shot I'll be going back to do properly, however.

I feel most of them are a little too dark as it looks like you've exposed the shots for the sky maybe HDR would help in this situation or a bit of dodging in PS

Some great shots there for sure. Not sure about the first one though, I think the points sticking up from the bottom the image spoil it a little, but then without cropping in on Big ben and making this a portrait orientation shot, I am not sure how you could remedy it. Maybe clone them out I guess. Either way a great set

#5 is just too dark for me - and my screen is set to max brightness!
I do like #10 and the other long exposure shots...

I love the B&W ones but totally agree that #5 is an awesome shot. I tried some puddle shots today, but there was nothing fun reflecting.

Hi FP
Very impressive set.
Have to agree on No5 - very different and stands out.
Like 10 too. Very good timing to get those light trails to just stop at the clock tower.
No 11 reminds me of a thirties post card - ( not that I was around then ) nice.
Finally, like 2 & 9.

Not bothered at all about Big Ben waving about, this, (no.10), is a fabulous shot...the others ain't 'alf bad either. Lovely collection of images with a lot of effort spent on them. Nice.
Regards, Alan

Last edited:
I'm liking the puddle reflection shot alot, its a nice to see a different look on the typical photos of london you'd expect to see

I feel most of them are a little too dark as it looks like you've exposed the shots for the sky maybe HDR would help in this situation or a bit of dodging in PS

Thanks for your comments. Any in particular that are too dark in your opinion?

Ooo I like these alot, puddle one is the best of the bunch for I

Some great shots there for sure. Not sure about the first one though, I think the points sticking up from the bottom the image spoil it a little, but then without cropping in on Big ben and making this a portrait orientation shot, I am not sure how you could remedy it. Maybe clone them out I guess. Either way a great set

I originally cropped it out but after doing so much preferred the little spikes in the bottom. I feel they gave it a context that without them was lacking.
Thanks for the comments though, much appreciated.

#5 is just too dark for me - and my screen is set to max brightness!
I do like #10 and the other long exposure shots...

Not sure why! You're missing out on a cracker of a shot by all regards :p
Thanks for the comments :)

I love the B&W ones but totally agree that #5 is an awesome shot. I tried some puddle shots today, but there was nothing fun reflecting.

Ah :( Shame :(
Go out into the local high street and just wait for people to go past :p
Thanks for commenting :)

Hi FP
Very impressive set.
Have to agree on No5 - very different and stands out.
Like 10 too. Very good timing to get those light trails to just stop at the clock tower.
No 11 reminds me of a thirties post card - ( not that I was around then ) nice.
Finally, like 2 & 9.

Thanks rockshifter, means a lot :)

Not bothered at all about Big Ben waving about, this, (no.10), is a fabulous shot...the others ain't 'alf bad either. Lovely collection of images with a lot of effort spent on them. Nice.
Regards, Alan

Thanks Alan.

Seriously guys thanks a lot. I think I've definitely found my niche. I love cityscape photography and the street/candid potential just adds to that.

Thanks for commenting guys never thought I'd get such a positive set of comments. (y)

Back