South-East England London Eye - wedding dos and donts

Name
Melissa
Edit My Images
Yes
HI

Has anyone shot a wedding on the London Eye ? I have a wedding there in July and just wondering if anyone had any advice, tips etc
All I know at this stage is that they are having 2 pods and therefore there will be 2 photographers.
Many thanks

HI

Has anyone shot a wedding on the London Eye ? I have a wedding there in July and just wondering if anyone had any advice, tips etc
All I know at this stage is that they are having 2 pods and therefore there will be 2 photographers.
Many thanks

how on earth does that work....

Interesting, but no, apologies haven't shot one at the London eye

how on earth does that work....

Interesting, but no, apologies haven't shot one at the London eye
Haha that's why I'm asking.
They have hired 2 pods and it goes round twice, once for the service and signing of register, then again I guess so I can do photos......group shot over 2 pods is going to be a challenge haha

Interesting job there - good luck!! :) Good one to add to the portfolio though.

Might be worth googling some london eye wedding images and see some results there to copy and perhaps email the photographer if needed.

A very wide lens as those pods are nowhere near as big as they look lol
Well it would depend on how many people in the groups and at which end. I can't see you needing anything that wide, it's not that small and anything too wide won't produce very flattering images either.

Well it would depend on how many people in the groups and at which end. I can't see you needing anything that wide, it's not that small and anything too wide won't produce very flattering images either.
They are having the max number in each pod (22 I think), but to be fair wasn't planning on doing a full pod group shot, just smaller groups and if we are really clever and get the timing right, a full group shot from the opposite pod, ok not going to be great (glass, sun, curves etc) but could be a fun shot.

HI

Many thanks

I know it's not your wedding, but I can't imagine anything more horrible than parading around that dirty south-bank tourist-ridden area in a wedding dress! The main problem for you as a photographer is that it could look like this;

IMG_0181.JPG

I'm getting married here in October! Just a bit different! Off Bangtao Beach, Phuket, Thailand.

pix1.jpg

Last edited:
On a more constructive note, lighting must be be hugely important inside that capsule - might be a good thing to check what you're allowed to carry on with you - reflectors to warm up subject's faces would seem to be sensible, and bear in mind bounce flashing would be unsuccessful!

Back