B&W London Eye

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Though I'd share this picture with a little prompting by TP to participate a little more :)
Some of you may have already seen it, it's been on Flikr for some time now. Anyway, it's one of my favourites and thought I'd share it with the rest of the TP members.
Taken with a Nikon Df and 58mm 1.4G at f8 and a little tinkering with Nik Software (Silver FX Pro2)

DSC_1737_HDR-XL.jpg

Last edited:
I like that Peter, unusual angle, tons of detail, not sure about the silver fx though, I know its a damn good tool and time saver but its made it look very HDR with that particular preset (or if its your own), I'd love to see a processed colour version using your regular style for comparison :)

Both very good, I like the HDR treatment ;)

I like the angle, like the monochrome, but the processing is wrong,too many dark areas around the clouds, the wheel, it just looks wrong.

I like the colour one better - thanks for the comparison Peter, appreciate the time you took to put it up - as regards to opinion on them - everyone has their own likes/dislikes - nothing wrong with the B&W one, I just prefer the colour image in this instance (y)

I like the aspect, and the PP works well on the wheel itself.
It's resulted in some odd looking sky though, especially in the first.

I too like the mono conversion, but would like to see a toned down version as it looks a little overdone.
Great aspect/PoV taken here too Peter but might I suggest a small crop?
I would crop the rhs to remove that part carriage and a little off the top too. Just to remove that clipped carriage. I think it would just tidy things up a little. IMHO.

Thanks for all the input, it's not until you get some critique that you look at it differently. I agree the areas around the clouds are to dark and I've tried cropping a little more but didn't have much success but you can guarantee when I get the chance to visit the Eye again I'll be looking at it in a whole different way.

Cheers

Pete

Back