London Fisheye fun

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
From the natural history museum. I know this shot's been done many times before, but here's my version of it.

5166599047_ded0049155_o.jpg

Colour

5166608259_0a167e5779_o.jpg

And B&W

C&C most welcome.

Inspired by this image:

http://images.photo-visible.com/photo_public/2008/8/800/800_310.jpg

But I prefer my own B&W conversion and tilt. The original is also sporting some HDR.

Last edited:
your original in this case works better for me ...although it is strange how some colour shots are greatly improved with black to white...cant say vice-versa...:D..though
the fish eye is a fun lens and photographs taken on it rely on its uniqueness and distortions for their positive merit
you have chosen a good subject and added to it with hdr and still maintained a hint of the original pespectives
cheers
geof

SHOT ONE = WINNER!!!

I just love the detail and depth in the picture. Distortion works well almost rolling into the curves within the image. Cracking!!!

Andy

Love it (original).

It's almost shell like with the curves seeming to emanate from the centre.

I like nr 1, colours works best in this case. Not to sure if I'd want a fisheye though. I like the effects:)

No.1 is the daddy!! :D Brilliant and lovely colours. (y)

Looks great in colour, reminds me of the famous optical illusion picture with the stairs going in lots of different directions

Like a lot!! always thought fisheye to be a little bit of fun, but i think i may have to save up now!! I actually like both !

the fish-eye works brilliantly with this, these lenses cant just be picked up to get good photos, well done!

#1 for me

Love the first one, it sort of reminds me of a watch or clock mechanism, the curves and the colours (y)

1 is great. What lens did you use?

Thanks for all the top comments guys.

I shot it as I was after something for the wall of my new flat. :LOL:

This was shot on a Samyang 8mm fisheye on my 1D Mark II.

It's designed for a 1.6x crop body, so on the 1D (a 1.3x crop body) the very edges catch the sides of the (non removable) hood, but a very slight crop and you can remove it.

For the money I don't think you can knock the Samyang at all. Stop it down to around f/8 and it's very sharp.

There's a review of it here:

http://www.lenstip.com/160.1-Lens_r...5_Aspherical_IF_MC_Fish-eye_Introduction.html

Last edited:
I really like it -loving how the fisheye - accentuates the curves - but kind of makes me feel a bit dizzy.......:LOL:

would be great to be able to get in there when no other people around.

Excellent take Chris.
As above colour shot works best.
The fish, as Lynton above says, has added a some lovely curves which compliment the arches, and the shooting angle and colours all come together - very nice √

Back