London Light Trails

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
I've had some mixed reviews on these, which i guess is the beauty of photography!

thought i'd see what the opinions of some more like minded people were?
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/289802_10151057215966727_1670703150_o.jpg

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/132819_10151057216031727_2077781361_o.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/280471_10151057215676727_57163946_o.jpg

**Mod Edit**
Broken to links
1024px on the longest side please.
Feel free to resize and re-post them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the composition of the first (y) bit I would have liked to have seen some more detail in the clock face, I'm also not really keen on the selective colouring as to be honest it's a bit sloppy like the area of colour on the right hand side, finally there appears to be a little JPEG compression in the sky

The second, I like the composition but would have been better for me if you had the whole "bus lane" road marking in (y) I'm really not a fan of the processing thought :shrug: just too much colour to be selective...

The third, a difficult one but not impossible, again it would have been nice to see a little more detail in the clock face, but that said this over all is way under exposed your exposure could have been at least 15-30 seconds longer IMO

On all of them I would have liked to have seen more detail in the sky's :thinking: to get this you need to shoot earlier in the evening (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Cheers for the feedback Matt! It's my first attempt playing about with LE light trails in a place with so many different light sources so I was struggling for correct exposure!

With the selective colouring I take on board some of the PP is sloppy, again I'm by no means a pro. And I guess selective colouring in general is a marmite thing?

Also with the clock face detail, the actual exposure on these is a lot longer, I've had to pull it back in camera raw as the clock face was totally blown out at the correct exposure?

Any tips on how to over come this when dealing with a light source that is so much brighter than the rest of the composition?

Also with the clock face detail, the actual exposure on these is a lot longer, I've had to pull it back in camera raw as the clock face was totally blown out at the correct exposure?

Any tips on how to over come this when dealing with a light source that is so much brighter than the rest of the composition?

this is where cheating can be a really good thing :D merge a couple of exposures :D

this is where cheating can be a really good thing :D merge a couple of exposures :D

would/can you merge a few long exposure shots together? if so would this not affect any light trails etc as I am assuming different/no vehicles may pass through on any furthur shots?

would/can you merge a few long exposure shots together? if so would this not affect any light trails etc as I am assuming different/no vehicles may pass through on any furthur shots?

There are various different ways that you can do it (y) but there is no reason why you cannot merge a few different exposures together, I've done it a few times for different reasons (y)

Back