London Meet 19th Jan

I confess to be amazed at how darn difficult it is to tell when something's in focus on the 'old' manual-focus screens compared to a nice clean & bright AF screen. My *memory* is that the central prism and outer ring were much more helpful than that, so getting a slightly OOF image seems perfectly reasonable to me. ;).

I confess to be amazed at how darn difficult it is to tell when something's in focus on the 'old' manual-focus screens compared to a nice clean & bright AF screen. My *memory* is that the central prism and outer ring were much more helpful than that, so getting a slightly OOF image seems perfectly reasonable to me. ;).
You're absolutely right Toni, and that was why I raised it at my eye test today. Off to Poundland tomorrow for a couple of pairs of £1 reading specs of his suggested strength to see if this improves things. (y)

You're absolutely right Toni, and that was why I raised it at my eye test today. Off to Poundland tomorrow for a couple of pairs of £1 reading specs of his suggested strength to see if this improves things. (y)

Using the right glasses for your camera definitely helps on close ups (because DOF is less)..and I don't know whether I was using the wrong glasses or what as once did a test on an old camera..shutter on 1/250 sec and same aperture... used a tape measure (IIRC 10ft) from subject to camera and took a shot setting the lens at 10ft, then took a shot just focusing the lens and the results was: - one shot was sharper than the other...h'mm I've forgotten which was better :rolleyes:

january_2019_142-jpg.236066

I didn't know that Nick did some busking on the side

Had meeting with Prostate Surgeon Mr Gujral on Monday .. PSA count gone DOWN again to 0.1 from 0.9, Kidney Ultrasound good -- No blockages , only some 'Cysts' which he said is 'usual' as people get older, and abdominal Ultrasound good ! so maybe i can use up a bit more 'outdated Fillum' ---------

Glad it's good news Pete... you can now concentrate on enjoying introducing lots more film to some light via a controlled environment. :)

Finally got my pictures back today. Quite a lot of processing artifacts early in the roll, bright patches, dirt & some lines. Possibly not the highest resolution scanning either, and a moderately high level of compression on the 'high res' versions may not help. :rolleyes:

Overall a better success rate than expected, with about 16 frames of 36 I was happy with, I've uploaded these to Flickr with just levels, clarity and saturation 'fixed' (the originals were brownish) plus a couple where I cropped.

Examples
Fashion shoot XP2 Film London Jan 2019 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

Korean dancer 2 XP2 Film London Jan 2019 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

See my picture XP2 Film London Jan 2019 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

A bit late to the party, but I finally got my slide film back from the processor today, shot with the Canon EOS 33V (still haven't finished the print film in the Pentax MX so there will be a further update from me in a couple of weeks).

It was certainly a challenge shooting ISO 50 reversal film (Velvia) on what was a fairly dull day, but I'm reasonably pleased with the results, given it's the first roll of film I've shot for over 10 years.

It was great to meet people, and I really enjoyed the discipline of having to think a lot more about each photo with only 36 to use!

The 26 photos I'm happy with are on my FlickR here.
I've edited minimally - levels, crop, and a little tweak to saturation.

Below are a few of them.

Cheers,

Conrad.

05 by conradsphotos, on Flickr

07 by conradsphotos, on Flickr

09 by conradsphotos, on Flickr

13 by conradsphotos, on Flickr

15 by conradsphotos, on Flickr

21 by conradsphotos, on Flickr

32 by conradsphotos, on Flickr

36 by conradsphotos, on Flickr

Last edited: