London Meet - inspiration

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
Probably the last 3 from me from this meet [OI!, I heard that cheer!!]. The first was sort of inspired by Edinburgh Gary and his city silhouettes. The buildings were very underexposed anyway so took them right down in processing so the sky could speak for itself. Played with a couple of different crops, but finally settled for no crop at all, even if BB is central.

3061304917_7499756202_o.jpg

This one is inspired by shots I have seen where there is a slightly unreal feel to the processing without going the whole hog massive hdr thing. I really like it, especially with a big fat slightly off white border, but might not be to everyones taste.

3061305351_5c9f85ab98_o.jpg

Finally, inspired simply by the fact that just sometimes even night time shots can work in mono. Done one or two before and liked the results, so had to give this a whirl.

3061305101_c0ecce54b9_o.jpg

You're welcome Yvonne, they're good photos.

Looking again at the 1st one I get a feeling of East meets West, dunno why. :shrug:

It kind of looks a bit like Kowloon harbour I think maybe :)

#2 is excellent. I have walked past that spot so many times now, and never have I seen a composition that I like, and processing that works untill now. Really good stuff :)

That's not to say the other are not good, because they are :)

Like them all, but no. 2 stands out for me - stark trees against a stark sky (although it was probably blue). Lovely. (y)

By god, woman!! That first one is something else.

ALmost looks like an exotic place abroad!

Get it printed BIG immediately! (y)

Back