London Millennium bridge, my first edit for street photography

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
Hi guys,

This is a shot from the weekend. I usually do nature and countryside, so I thought I'd give street photography a go...

Any comments would be appreciated...

Andy :)

Title: "Faith"

Faith by ajbaker50, on Flickr

Andrew, can you post in just one place please.

I've removed your thread from Portraits and moved this on to Architecture & Urban as it seems more fitting.

Thanks

Hi, no probs,

I'll bare that in mind for the future! :)

Really nice. Think the person sitting helps it work off centre

Agreed, taking it from the centre would be too obvious, too boring. I like the editing. Is it HDR? Whatever you did, it works in my opinion (y)

Andrew I was there this weekend and took a few shots too, I remember seeing that guy sitting there. I like the sky in this picture but I would have took the shot from the center but thats just me.

Hi!

I did a few shots from the centre too, but I felt the resulting shots ended up crowded and with St Paul's and the man in foreground, I couldn't get low enough to get an angle to gain a pleasing shot.

Thanks for your comments! :)

Agreed, taking it from the centre would be too obvious, too boring. I like the editing. Is it HDR? Whatever you did, it works in my opinion (y)

Hi!

The editing was all done in CS 5.5. I didn't bracket this or use HDR, but managed to pull detail in the clouds using unsharp mask and adjustment curves in photoshop.

Thanks very much for your comment. :)

Hi Andrew,

Great shot, just not a fan of the PP - looks a bit 'over-done' and somewhat 'fake' when I think a more forgiving black and white conversion with a high contrast would have worked better and kept the nice gritty, urban, london feel and communicated the same message I think you are after. But each to their own!

Hi Andrew,

Great shot, just not a fan of the PP - looks a bit 'over-done' and somewhat 'fake' when I think a more forgiving black and white conversion with a high contrast would have worked better and kept the nice gritty, urban, london feel and communicated the same message I think you are after. But each to their own!

Hi!

Thanks I'll try just a high contrast monochrome, with a little less editing to see how it turns out.

Thanks for your comment. :)

It's a nice shot, however, the marks on the slabs to the left need cloning as they are very distracting. The haloing around St. Pauls is also letting it down a bit.

Back