London Motorsport Show

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Went to the London Motorsport Show this Sat. TBH the inside event was rubbish but the outdoor rally cross show was great considering the weather. These were the best shots out of over 100. All taken with my D200 and my kit 18-70 (cant afford a new lens yet :().

2096726227_6a189221db_o.jpg

2097516916_2ec5a5cdbd_b.jpg

2096730135_c96a151a52_b.jpg

2096729143_e7bf4a4c47_b.jpg

2097505028_9ec6d518e0_b.jpg

i like the composition in these, although i think that a slightly faster shutter speed may have been helpful. The panning works great, but - especially in the 3rd picture - the cars has quite a bit of motion blur.

Nice shots though. (y)

Nice shots. Like the EVO shot as you can just make out the driver. Good work :)

Went to this show as well...

The inside bit was Ok, well Ok if you were someone doing motorsport and wanted some bits n pieces... but that was really what it was advertised as.

The rallycross thing outside... well, nice effort but a couple of screwups which meant it wasn't as good as it could be:

1) The track was lined with concrete blocks but the spectators weren't given an elevated view - which meant you could only see the roofs of the cars. Unless of course you stood on the ramp from the building, which everyone did and was Ok given the weather as hardly any bugger was brave enough to go outside... Had the weather been much better it would have been pathetic.

2) The concrete barriers clearly weren't enough for H&S types, so they put in a metal barrier to keep the public back from the concrete blocks. Fair enough... but it was that 8ft high event type fencing! Why not a more normal chest height fence?!! Maybe you might think it was to stop things coming over the fence and hitting the crowd... well yes if it had been actual catch fence, but this type of fencing is held up with concrete block feet - lets put it this way, the wind was suffucient to blow it over several times so that says how much it is going to stop... No, all it did was p*ss me off.

The weather being sh*t the organisers could not help (although early December is never going to be tropical in Docklands!) but the rest, well....

Back