London ND long exposures

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Took a few shots in London a few weeks back! First time playing with my new 9 stopper.

c&c welcome

DSC_5210-Edit-2.jpg

DSC_5200-Edit.jpg

Thanks :) That trail has had mixed views, I kind of like it but I think it can be distracting. might clone it out and see what it looks like.

I like both, but especially number 1, out of curiosity, how does number 1 look with a crop in from the left? Cutting out some of the yellow lights?

I will repost no.1 with a slight crop and the trail cloned out.

Both nice shots, I have no problem with the LHS of #1 but I do find the light trail distracting.

Love those two shots, i think the second would be better without the light trail but still a great shot.

I like both but as already mentioned the light trail in the first is a distraction. I first thought it was a fault in image and it took me a second or two to realise it must have been a boat that passed by but was so quick it only left the light trail and no ghost of itself.

Thanks for the comments guys :) The first one could be sharper but I was loosing light so fast and not to mention my camera strapped to the side of the bridge with a gorilla pod! as I didn't take my full size tripod. I am going to be heading up there again very soon to give these another go.

anyway Here is the first one again without the trail...

7137035317_3d6f397722_c.jpg

I like your 2nd edit with number 1, a very pleasing image. Quite like your take on No2 has a sense of originality about it for a subject that is photographed day in-day out.

Nice work Nick

My curiosity didn't pay off, the light trail being gone is much better, but the crop doesn't work for me as I thought it would! Cracking shot none the less.

2 very nice images (y) I prefer the 2nd edit without the light trail, but i think i would crop a bit more of the left in the first image so the wheel is in the left half.

The first one is too soft, looks to be out of focus or maybe some movement while taking the long exposure. I had a similar problem shooting from the same spot once, taking long exposures of the wheel etc and it wasnt till i got home they all came out like your first one. I made sure i had checked and double checked my DOF and even zoomed in on a few images taken to make sure i had the focusing right. Ok they looked a little soft on the LCD, so i thought they needed a little sharpening. I couldnt do anything with them, then i posted on another forum the problem i had and someone replied that it was camera shake caused by the passing traffic on the bridge !! :bang: Makes sense !!

Back