London @ Night Photowalk

Edit My Images
No
Went on a really enjoyable photowalk last sunday morning, arranged in the meeting forum. Heres some of the shots I took, sorry I dont have the exif, will try update tonight.

1. Southwark Cathedral
s

2. Tower bridge, a bit soft (had a dodgy tripod that night)
s

3. Front of St Pauls Cathedral
s

4. View of St Pauls Cathedral from Millenium bridge. Dodgy slant as I forgot to detach the quick release plate from under the camera.
s

5. Trying to be artistic with the light shining on Millenium bridge
s'

6. Another view of St Pauls Cathedral from Millenium bridge
s

7. I know the WB is out on this shot, but I like the apocolyptic feel of this shot.
s

8. Millenium bridge and St Pauls Cathedral
s

9. London Eye - I like the purple clouds in the background
s

10. Close of London Eye (the compression and reduced size, doesnt do this shot justice :shake:)
s

11. Big Ben
s

12. I really like this one, because to me it feels like it was out of a computer game
s

13. Sun came up, and I tried my best to get the orange tinge in the sky captured in this one.
s

C&C welcome!

#8 and #9 for me

the rest seem to have an odd colour balance and all seem "wonky" for lack of a better word

Too many to give deep and low-down crit however some observations/tips.

Things should be straight unless you want them to slant (e.g. for inferred drama)

There should be light in the sky! dark skies don't do it. Use either reflected light in cloud or get out shortly after sunset/before sunrise. Remember to think light!

You have a good compositional eye and should trust that - just work on the technical stuff.

Good depth / critical sharpness so no problems there.

Hows that for a quick list?
;)

(y)

thanks for the C&C so far. ive replaced my tripod as the previous one was held up with screws! it was so naff! Hashcake and feek will back me up on that.

i think that generally i dont compose images that well, so thanks for the encouragement on that front. i think next time ill try and capture the golden moments of the sunrise more.

Any other comments? any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think Nos 6 & 8 are the best. They've got stong lines & angles. Pity about the intrusive copyright notice, though.....

yeh, i found that annoying too. i couldnt find how to get rid of it, cos its hosted on photoshelter.com, which is also a stock photo site.

Back