London Night Shoot Locations?

Name
Lauren
Edit My Images
No
Hi guys,

:help:

a friend of mine has recently moved to London for a new job, I promised her I'd do a photoshoot before she left but we never got the time (she was finishing off her PhD). Anyway, I'm going to be in London next week for the Societies Convention and was considering maybe doing the photoshoot with her at night while I'm there, not a paid shoot, just as a leaving gift. I thought it might be something a bit different (and I'll only be free in the evenings!)

Just wondering if anyone knows of any cool nighttime photoshoot locations? I'm thinking along the embankment where the London Eye will be lit up (and I'm aware of the issues they can have there with photographers) and maybe Piccadilly Circus. But I'd also love to hear if you know of anywhere a bit less touristy, a little hidden gem with fab lighting at night. Let me know if you have any ideas! I'd really appreciate it :D

Thanks,

Lauren xx

There are a number of locations along the Southbank that would work, maybe at Embankment station looking across to the eye, or even on the bridges. Even week days the Southbank does get quite busy, but there is plenty of scope in that area.

Other locations that come to mind are the more obvious ones, such as Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus, Covent Garden etc. Depends where you're staying/meeting and how much time you have.

Edit: Also, around by Southwark Cathedral, behind the Southbank is quite good, a bit less touristy too.

Steve

Last edited:
The river around Canon street and London Bridge is good, Tate modern Millenium bridge etc, I like the Barbican to for all its moody walkways and street views.

Never had a problem on the southbank... shorts walks in either direction from the eye..
Tower Bridge
St Pauls from the southbank with the wobbly bridge
Westminster Bridge
Houses of Parliament

oh and don't forget St Pauls and Patternoster sq...

some night shots

some more southbank / night

Enjoy :)

Last edited:
Back