London London Skyline

Edit My Images
No
Just wondered if anyone had any tips about locations for capturing the London skyline?

One New Change shopping centre looks interesting. Can anyone recommend amy other public access areas with good views? Or perhaps a park on a hill?

I would say a walk along the Thames will give you a good selection of skyline buildings, gaining elevation, such as the London eye, going up to the terrace in Tate modern, the OXO tower bar, the Shard will also give some skylines. I guess it depends what you want to include in the skyline shots?

The Monument's got a nice view of Tower Bridge - depending on how long a lens you have there's a great view from Greenwich park by the observatory.

Most of the above are good.

One New Change and Greenwich are recommended (and free).

At the monument, you have to contend with the wire cage to stop people falling off.

St Paul's is useful, as is Waterloo bridge.

Parliament Hill has some good views, though you'll be facing south, so best not go at midday.

As Rob has mentioned - Waterloo Bridge. Looking upstream there is the London Eye and the Houses of Parliament. Downstream there is the City.

The balcony at the Tate Modern is not a bad place too.

It is a bit further out but Greenwich Park, close to the observatory is also good.

Dave

Last edited:
Back