London - slowing things down...

Name
John
Edit My Images
No
Had a few days in London last week but of course it rained most of the time we were there. Grey uninspiring skies meant I had to look for something other than the normal touristy shots. I know some of these of have been done before but here's my spin on things.

The Underground ones were all taken at 0.5 sec, handheld.

Last edited:
Like the underground shots, very especially #3 (y)

I like number 7 - the way the shard disappears into the misty sky.

Great set and some nice examples of classic views of London :)

Those underground shots look great for hand held half second exposures. Very impressive.

Lovely set, I really love those tube station shots,that's a must try.

Mick

Thanks very much, I have a reasonably steady hand which helps, as does the IS. ;)

I really like the underground shots, especially 1 and 2.

Are these really hand held .... Wow that's a steady hand.... Great pics of London ... Liked all of them especially the shard stunning images :clap:

Excellent shots , particularly like no. 2 and 3

1 and 9 for me, I must give those a go next time I'm down! Great set, well done

I'm a sucker for the London at night shots anyway, but the Underground shots really stand out. Bloody good going for handheld too!(y)

They're cracking shots :)

I've always fancied giving underground/trains a go, do you ever have any trouble taking shots on the underground? Are LUL ok with it?

They're cracking shots :)

I've always fancied giving underground/trains a go, do you ever have any trouble taking shots on the underground? Are LUL ok with it?

Yeh great question. I'm down for work tomorrow and tempted to take my camera, but not that keen on getting any hassle from the paranoid security folks! How did you get on when you took these?

Thanks again for the comments. (y)

Obviously I can only speak for my own experience but I had no problem whatsoever, from reading around the net it appears flash is a (pretty obvious) big 'no no' and trying to use a tripod on a busy station without a permit is likely to attract the attention of TFL staff pretty quickly. I had the camera round my neck for 2 full days and must have travelled across a dozen stations and I didn't notice so much as a sideways glance. I guess it's just a case of being sensible and not creating a nuisance of yourself or drawing too much attention. :)

Stunning photos, and an impressively steady hand on the underground shots.

I was on the underground just yesterday, went out for a visit to friends and new a few too many beers would be consumed to take the camera. It left me wishing I had it for most of the day though! So much stuff in London that an make for great photos.

3 ,4 and 8 for me, love 3, everyone is all hustle and bustle but the busker is just doing his thing, oblivious to it all, magic

Great set with a special liking for the escalator shot, love the movement on the opposite escalator.

Just thought I'd add this one, it's a bit more heavily processed than the others but I like the train acting as a mirror...

Like the reflection one too John, a great set all round! Indeed you inspired me to take my camera on a business trip to London yesterday and I snapped this on the way to a meeting:

It's not a patch on yours but thanks for the idea :) Cheers, Graeme

Back