London London!! Spring 2022…sometime

Nikon_Nick

Shirley
Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Having a look in this part of the forum, its such a shame that (until today), there has been no activity for nearly a year. We obviously all know the reasons, but its still a shame nonetheless.

Im not trying to organise a massive meet or anything, but I will be venturing in to London next weekend for a walkabout, and wondered if there was anyone that fancies a day out with the camera. Nothing firm planned yet, so I dont yet know times or exact areas I will be visiting, so if anyone is up for it we could maybe make a plan that suits all parties. I appreciate its quite short notice, but I have to take these opportunities when they come along as its quite rare I get the chance.

Cheers

Nick

Im trying to work out an interesting route where I wont need to get on a tube :giggle:

Reactions: Sky
I hope you enjoy it Nick, but I won't be visiting any large towns, cities or other countries for at least another year - possibly longer. :(

I've arranged a couple of these in the past and intend starting again in the Autumn.
Everywhere is too restricted yet for it to be an easy going pleasant wander with a refreshment stop for lunch.

Our last cancelled meet was going to be along the canal from Kings Cross up to Regents Park with a few stop offs along the way.
Probably try that one again when things are a bit more carefree and confidence has been somewhat restored.

Certain restrictions are being lifted as of the 17th May...

You can

• Meet up in groups bigger than six outdoors, up to a limit of 30 people.
  • Have a meal or drink indoors in a pub, bar or restaurant. There will be no curfew or requirement for a substantial meal, but it will still be table service.
  • Meet others indoors, up to six people or two households.
  • Stay overnight somewhere in the UK, including in a hotel. International travel may also be allowed.
  • Go to the cinema and visit other indoor entertainment venues.
  • Go to an outdoor performance.
  • Take part in organised indoor sport.
  • Attend a wedding with up to 30 people.
  • Potentially attend a larger event (pilots permitting).
  • Meet up as a group of six or two households indoors (review permitting).
...we could even hug...not that this is part of the plan you understand :giggle:

I fully understand that this may still be too early for some, but to be honest, not being able to do this kind of thing coupled with an extremely stressful past 12 months with work, and losing my father in January this year has made me determined to get out as much as I can.

Im happy to go on my own, so not worried if it doesnt appeal to others just yet :cool:

Reactions: Sky
Certain restrictions are being lifted as of the 17th May...

You can

• Meet up in groups bigger than six outdoors, up to a limit of 30 people.
  • Have a meal or drink indoors in a pub, bar or restaurant. There will be no curfew or requirement for a substantial meal, but it will still be table service.
  • Meet others indoors, up to six people or two households.
  • Stay overnight somewhere in the UK, including in a hotel. International travel may also be allowed.
  • Go to the cinema and visit other indoor entertainment venues.
  • Go to an outdoor performance.
  • Take part in organised indoor sport.
  • Attend a wedding with up to 30 people.
  • Potentially attend a larger event (pilots permitting).
  • Meet up as a group of six or two households indoors (review permitting).
...we could even hug...not that this is part of the plan you understand :giggle:

I fully understand that this may still be too early for some, but to be honest, not being able to do this kind of thing coupled with an extremely stressful past 12 months with work, and losing my father in January this year has made me determined to get out as much as I can.

Im happy to go on my own, so not worried if it doesnt appeal to others just yet :cool:

Hope you have a good time and keep an eye out later in the year if you fancy another London wander.

I might be up for a couple of hours in the afternoon, depends on what you have in mind (and the weather)

Hi Peter,

The only firm plan for the day so far is that I will be having a look around the Tate at 1:45pm(as you have to pre-book a time slot). After that I havent yet decided. I was going to use the next couple of days to work something out, but would be happy to meet up after. What sort of time would you be free?

Cheers

Given the rather indifferent weather we've been having and the forecast for tomorrow is for a mixed bag I'm going to pass on this opportunity.....

Quite possibly could be nearer the time (y)

I don't really know London and the last time I took my camera gear my Lowepro got 'pickpocketed'. Granted now I make it harder to get into so hopefully won't happen again :lock:

I’m going to follow this as I’d love to but will know for sure closer to the time.

Maybe worth starting a new thread unless the OP cares to change the title? Obviously changing the date otherwise people will ignore it quite possibly

I know @Tysonator mentioned the Spring, but I will we going on a little night shoot around Soho and Chinatown on the 5th Feb if anyone is interested.

I'd love to but we're having a family gathering that day and I don't know what time we'll finish up. I'll hold out for Spring I think.

I would definitely be interested, would of really liked to of come along on the 5th Feb but I have got planned maintenance on my van this weekend and don't think I will be finished in time. Definitely up for it in the spring.

Back