London's Weekend Pics ...

Edit My Images
No
Hi - results of a bit of photo tuition in London at the weekend ... thought I would share and take the flack (not sure if I am up to adding the tube shot but we'll see ... :getmecoat

First up = Orange & Mobile ... coming through ... !

SMS+BandW.jpg

Next up = Blue Sky ... Thinking...?

SMS+Blue+Sky.jpg

And braving your wrath 'cos I know it is not really up to much but I'll share anyways ...

Tubes ... Help your breeze move easy !

Tube1.jpg

Sorry about the last ... made even worse because of the mini file size (see other thread !) and looks v. pixelllated to me 'cos of it ! :banghead:

Anyway ... a bit of fun for you ... enjoy ... or otherwise ! :ponders:

Feel free whatever please ... :smilenod:

nice set of photo's Ven, like the mono best of all, centre shot is nice composition, and great overall tones, and love the movement of the tube shot.
Nice work.

Boon said:
nice set of photo's Ven, like the mono best of all, centre shot is nice composition, and great overall tones, and love the movement of the tube shot.
Nice work.

Thanx Stev ... does the third look v. pixellated when you view it ? Too much movement in it for me though ! :doh:

The experiement was trying to get a moving train with static platform and, as far as possible the people on it ! Not a success but we then got kicked off the station ... and even the shopping centre above !?! (Bond Street !). :hissyfit:

hi Ven
no it doesn't look pixelated at all, but i must admit, would have been better if the neons would have been in focus.

Boon said:
hi Ven
no it doesn't look pixelated at all, but i must admit, would have been better if the neons would have been in focus.

Thanks - something weird (mainly because I don't understand it) is going on with my stuff then !

You were doomed to be blurred with that last shot with a low shutter speed unless you used a tripod. It still conveys the atmosphere and movement, but would have been better with the still bits sharp. :)

It doesn't look at all pixelated btw, although file size is only 46.65kb.

CT said:
You were doomed to be blurred with that last shot with a low shutter speed unless you used a tripod. It still conveys the atmosphere and movement, but would have been better with the still bits sharp. :)

It doesn't look at all pixelated btw, although file size is only 46.65kb.

Thanx CT - wrong shutter but only result before security got to us !

BTB ... when I check properties the file size reads only 19.57kb - any idea why ?

TFL ...

Great shots, I particularly like the 1st one - just a shame he's right next next to the rubbish bin though! The 3rd one is a good idea - doesn't look pixellated to me - just very blurry. Did you photoshop the sky in no 2? I was in London at the weekend and didn't spot any blue sky at all :ponders:

Venomator said:
BTB ... when I check properties the file size reads only 19.57kb - any idea why ?

Are you checking file size by right clicking on your pic in the thread? :ponders:

CT said:
Are you checking file size by right clicking on your pic in the thread? :ponders:

Thread and Gallery ... both the same ! Is this wrong method then CT ?

minimeeze said:
Great shots, I particularly like the 1st one - just a shame he's right next next to the rubbish bin though! The 3rd one is a good idea - doesn't look pixellated to me - just very blurry. Did you photoshop the sky in no 2? I was in London at the weekend and didn't spot any blue sky at all :ponders:

Thanx Minimeeze ... I did toy with trying to get rid of the rubbish - but saving it for time and expertise to be on my side !

Well ... it was actually quite sunny when we took the shots although the sky was overcast in the resulting pics. This was a quick experiment in processing as part of the tuition ! Well spotted though !

TFL ...

Venomator said:
Thread and Gallery ... both the same ! Is this wrong method then CT ?

Erm... No. I just can't see why you should be seeing different file sizes to me and presumably everyone else! :eek1:

CT said:
Erm... No. I just can't see why you should be seeing different file sizes to me and presumably everyone else! :eek1:

Phew ... you had me worried there CT I thought I was going to be seriously embarrassed ! :embarasse

I cannot understand it either ! I did ask Boon to check too and he 'sees' the size different to me too ? Are we, or rather am I missing something fundamental ... and potentially just as embarrassing ? :dizzy:

For comparison the other two are rated at (Orange) 31,655 and (Blue Sky) 53,781 respectively. Although these are a little more respectable in size terms and more pleasing to view they are still smaller than the 160kb limit by quite a stretch ! :confused-

When you see a file posted that is nearer the top end it is clearly much better to view, and that is what worries me in my recent postings.

Just for information…file sizes taken from the thread here using right click>properties in firefox1.5

First = 126.83 KB (129879 bytes)
Second = 151.46 KB (155098 bytes)
Third = 46.65 KB (47772 bytes)

It seems you have a issue somewhere Ven…maybe worth clearing out your browser cache and force refreshing the thread (Ctrl + F5) then check again?
What browser are you using?

Nice set of shots Rog ....clever with the orange bag & really like the feel of movement in last shot.

Steve said:
Just for information…file sizes taken from the thread here using right click>properties in firefox1.5

First = 126.83 KB (129879 bytes)
Second = 151.46 KB (155098 bytes)
Third = 46.65 KB (47772 bytes)

It seems you have a issue somewhere Ven…maybe worth clearing out your browser cache and force refreshing the thread (Ctrl + F5) then check again?
What browser are you using?

Thanx Steve - sizes you give are same/similar to others and I can see there is clearly a problem my end somewhere ! Using BTYahoo! Browser with Internet Explorer 6.0 ? Does that help ?

I can do the force refresh but not sure about the browser cache clearance thingy ?

Appreciate your inputs :ty:

DJW said:
Nice set of shots Rog ....clever with the orange bag & really like the feel of movement in last shot.

Thanx a lot Dave ... just gotta flog one now to keep up with you professionals ! :D

I get exactly the same sizes as Steve, so it looks like Ven is broken not the Gallery. :D

SammyC said:
I get exactly the same sizes as Steve, so it looks like Ven is broken not the Gallery. :D

Thanx SammyC ... seems to be the conclusion ! :hissyfit:

Now I just gotta work out why ! :dizzy:

I would download Firefox and give it a try, irrespective of weather you like it or not at least it will give you some other method of checking the files sizes on your pc. If it shows them as correct (same as the rest of us) then you know for certain that its a browser issue.

On saying that, what are the file sizes showing as in your image editing package ?

Steve said:
I would download Firefox and give it a try, irrespective of weather you like it or not at least it will give you some other method of checking the files sizes on your pc. If it shows them as correct (same as the rest of us) then you know for certain that its a browser issue.

On saying that, what are the file sizes showing as in your image editing package ?

I will look into Firefox Steve, thanx for the tip ! :thumb:

In Essentials 4 the file sizes are not different to those used for uploading - and on double-checking this remains true ! :ponders:

Are those file sizes the same as the ones reported by me in this thread?

Steve said:
Are those file sizes the same as the ones reported by me in this thread?

No Steve - these three were uploaded after some re-sizing by me, on the pixels but not file size when I saved to JPEGs ... and then obviously resized by the gallery (before I took on board the problems this sometimes results in I might add !).

But your sizes do match everyone elses ... except mine ! :confused:

If I send you a file that is definately within the guide limits, will you upload it to your gallery for me and then post a link to me by pm. I will then be able to check files sizes before and after and also if the gallery is doing anything to the files when YOU upload them.

If you want to give this a try PM me your email...I can't be bothered going through the admin cp to find it ;)

Back